Elite Dangerous

OK. I want to get back into this game I think.

I played on xbox before the engineers update and made a bit of money but have no idea what to do.

Any recommendations.

I liked missions but can't find anywhere that offers the kill missions which I really like.

Anything else you recommend I do?

I played on xbox before the engineers update and made a bit of money but have no idea what to do.

Any recommendations.

I liked missions but can't find anywhere that offers the kill missions which I really like.

When you say you played before the Engineers update does this mean you don't have Horizons? If you don't then I strongly recommend you get it as without engineering your ship and modules you'll be marmalised the first fight you get back into.

Other than that the best advice is to stay at one system and get yourself up to Allied with the local factions. The payouts get bigger the more rep you have with them.

When you say you played before the Engineers update does this mean you don't have Horizons? If you don't then I strongly recommend you get it as without engineering your ship and modules you'll be marmalised the first fight you get back into.

Other than that the best advice is to stay at one system and get yourself up to Allied with the local factions. The payouts get bigger the more rep you have with them.

Yes I have horizons just never played it lol.

I have good standing where my stuff is in Zaragas but the missions are data ones and the odd mining or retrieval shite.

Is the planetery stuff any good.

Thanks in advance

Any recommendations.

What takes your fancy? There isnt really anything that you have to do, its up to you. Broadly speaking you can fight, trade, or explore.

You can also rank up in the galaxy superpowers to unlock ships.

I started as a little bounty hunter, in safe space, only hitting wanted people where I knew the police would help.

Moved onto trading in a t9 doing 2m a run with slaves. Then onto explorer in an asp until I got elite ranked, and made a pot of money.

I'm now in a git big Anaconda, running the missions for Thargoid bits and pieces from Obsidian Orbital, as are a few others on the thread on a good run, its about 24m. Once I've got 1.5-2b cash, I'm off to finish the fed ranking and get a Corvette. I could chase it now, but I'm very attached to my anaconda, and I don't want to sell it

So to summarise, I haven't really been much help have I :lol:

Decide which way you want to go, and the people on this thread will no doubt give you tips and pointers

Last edited:
What takes your fancy? There isnt really anything that you have to do, its up to you. Broadly speaking you can fight, trade, or explore.

You can also rank up in the galaxy superpowers to unlock ships.

I started as a little bounty hunter, in safe space, only hitting wanted people where I knew the police would help.

Moved onto trading in a t9 doing 2m a run with slaves. Then onto explorer in an asp until I got elite ranked, and made a pot of money.

I'm now in a git big Anaconda, running the missions for Thargoid bits and pieces from Obsidian Orbital, as are a few others on the thread on a good run, its about 24m. Once I've got 1.5-2b cash, I'm off to finish the fed ranking and get a Corvette. I could chase it now, but I'm very attached to my anaconda, and I don't want to sell it

So to summarise, I haven't really been much help have I :lol:

Decide which way you want to go, and the people on this thread will no doubt give you tips and pointers
Anaconda is a bit overkill for those missions mind, I'm running them in my cobra. Can scoop them up without even landing now.

Anaconda is a bit overkill for those missions mind, I'm running them in my cobra. Can scoop them up without even landing now.
anaconda is overkill for everything :lol:

it's fun when the scripted interdictions come, and the other ships arse falls out after it's played with my turrets and huge multicannon :p
they try to run like fuck, then I chase them in my SLF, leaving the crewman to hold the fort on the anaconda :cool:

You can fit one in an FGS which is a Medium.
I read a post somewhere that reckoned you can set up the fighter with plasma accelerators and the FGS mothership with multicannons so I grabbed one in the January sales

It's probably cackbabble but I liked the idea of seven multicannons raining hellfire on all and sundry

I read a post somewhere that reckoned you can set up the fighter with plasma accelerators and the FGS mothership with multicannons so I grabbed one in the January sales

It's probably cackbabble but I liked the idea of seven multicannons raining hellfire on all and sundry
Fgs

Federal gunship?

I gave a fer de lance kicking about. Ate they any good yet?

Yeah you can stick 2S, 4M and 1L MCs on an FGS but you'll keep running out of ammo and have to either synthesise or re-stock.

The Taipan Rogue F SLF variant has 2 Plasma Repeaters which aren't the same as Plasma Accelerators.

Fgs

Federal gunship?

I gave a fer de lance kicking about. Ate they any good yet?
Not sure if you're asking about the FGS or the FdL.

Of the 3 medium Fed ships the FGS has better maneuverability than the FDS but better weapons and hull than the FAS.

A good pilot in a FdL will kick the crap out of all of the Fed medium ships. Its faster, more maneuverable than the FAS. Has weapons almost as good as the FGS. The FdL is a dedicated interceptor/fighter. Think F-15 (FdL) v Tornado (Fed.)

I've found a very neat little trick for stopping parked System Security ships from taking off and attacking my SRV when I'm about to attack the skimmers at an outpost:

Logon or register to see this image

:lol:

Just in case its not clear from the above angle... I sat my Cutter on him.

Last edited:
I've had a rush of blood to the head. I decided to re-buy one of my most favourite ships and kit it out with all multicannons and A-rated modules. This is my new Python the Kiss This Then. :cool:

Here she is testing the guns outside Jameson Memorial:

Tomorrow she's going to get a damn good engineering!

Its @Nipple Salad 's fault for mentioning all MCs!

Last edited:
I've had a rush of blood to the head. I decided to re-buy one of my most favourite ships and kit it out with all multicannons and A-rated modules. This is my new Python the Kiss This Then. :cool:

Here she is testing the guns outside Jameson Memorial:

Tomorrow she's going to get a damn good engineering!

Its @Nipple Salad 's fault for mentioning all MCs!

Gerrin! I'm glad someone's living the dream.

I did some sums last night and realised I needed 120m to fit out Hello Boys!

My total worth is about 150m :lol:

I overspent getting the FAS outfitted and sold her... Next year perhaps!

Can you even take the shields down with just multi cannons?
Incendiary MCs split the damage between kinetic and thermal (like the railgun), in addition to that it also increases the total damage per shot and lowers the fire rate slightly so they become more long lasting.

Also, with a single corrosive MC the potentially "lost" damage to hull gets completely turned on it's head when the target takes 25% more damage.

Back