Elite Dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah ok, so there are different servers for multiplayer and solo? so i couldn't link up with mates without going into the big boys playground and getting bullied?

i didn't realise this was a pay 2 win game
play 2 win :) the only stuff you can buy is cosmetic.

I stayed exclusively in solo/priv group until I got the tooled up anaconda, having been ganked by clever twat sealclubbers in FDL's jumping on me in the sidewinder starter systems.
Funny thing is, on a recent trip back in the conda, they all seem to combat log when I melt their shields now :cool:

haven't been bothered once by another player in the big ship

My ship's a runner not a fighter :D

Very impressed with the Orca overall, it's my first favourite so far.
I prefer to think of my ships as survivors rather than fighters.

Except the Vette. It starts fights for a laugh. :eek:

This isn't me but a wonderful way to park a Vette when you're in a panic. :lol:

Its purple. Not pink. PURPLE! :evil:

Logon or register to see this image

New paint job for the T10 too:

Last edited:
This ended with me running like hell.

On the Facebook groups there are so many "experts" at taking down Goids. I ask for any of them to wing up with me and they are totally silent.

So I go out on my own and this happens:

I have to admit I forgot to take my SLF pilot with me who may have kept the Swarm at 4 o'clock busy. :oops:

But thats not the point. I keep telling people we can take out a Goid with 3 smaller ships like FGS or FdL as long as we work together.

For some reason testosterone takes over and everyone claims to have soloed a Goid and anyone who hasn't is a pussy.

I'm starting to hate lying twats.

Defo not pink marra

Dr Who's daughter?

Fuck me that shit eats through your srv pretty damn quick.

Next time I'll park closer. :)

Forgot to scan the crash site :mad:
8.6M must be for 2x Resin. 4x Bio is the best mission. That gives 23M.

Don't worry about the corrosion to the SRV. You can go for ages before anything actually stops working. Just ignore the warnings.

Last edited:
So I've scanned the crash site but it hasn't appeared as a marker on my map. :confused:
This is f***ing difficult!

The actual data point for the crashed Scout is underground. You can either fly your SRV over it whilst pointing down and using your turret scanner or you can turn your SRV on it's side and use your turret scanner.

I tried loads of times to turn my SRV on it's side. Never worked.

I flew my SRV over it and ended up on my side. Worked!!!

So I've scanned the crash site but it hasn't appeared as a marker on my map. :confused:
https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/elite-dangerous.1021394/page-49#post-26783165

Last edited:
This is f***ing difficult!

The actual data point for the crashed Scout is underground. You can either fly your SRV over it whilst pointing down and using your turret scanner or you can turn your SRV on it's side and use your turret scanner.

I tried loads of times to turn my SRV on it's side. Never worked.

I flew my SRV over it and ended up on my side. Worked!!!
I managed to get the scan done, just been back to try again and it stops me scanning saying data has already been collected. It just isn't showing as the crash site so I can't lock on for easy navigation.

I managed to get the scan done, just been back to try again and it stops me scanning saying data has already been collected. It just isn't showing as the crash site so I can't lock on for easy navigation.
Now I'm confused.

Once you have found the crash sit and have actually done a data scan (not just showing Thargoid Scout on your radar) then whenever you return to within 1000Ls of HIP 17125 A 3 A you get "Crash Site" showing on your nav screen.

It shouldn't say anything about data being collected.

Can you give more info as to what you are doing?

Last edited:
Now I'm confused.

Once you have found the crash sit and have actually done a data scan (not just showing Thargoid Scout on your radar) then whenever you return to within 1000Ls of HIP 17125 A 3 A you get "Crash Site" showing on your nav screen.

It shouldn't say anything about data being collected.

Can you give more info as to what you are doing?
I landed in launched srv, from contact list I selected the crashed scout. Boosted and flipped on my side and used turret to scan. Got that message in the video above.
Went back and dropped off the gear and when I returned I had to navigate in again without the marker. So I did the same shit again with the srv and it stopped my scan, said something like data already collected.

I landed in launched srv, from contact list I selected the crashed scout. Boosted and flipped on my side and used turret to scan. Got that message in the video above.
Went back and dropped off the gear and when I returned I had to navigate in again without the marker. So I did the same shit again with the srv and it stopped my scan, said something like data already collected.
The marker only shows up when you're within 1000Ls of the planet. Once you drop out of FSD at HIP 17125 supercruise to within 1000Ls and then "Crash Site" shows on your nav screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back