Elite Dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried picking up cargo cannisters after a battle had seen a large ship destroyed only to have them bounce of me hull no matter how careful approach. I thought you musnt be able to collect 'booty' in this game. Then, later I landed on a planet for the first time, had a fiddle about trying to get the srv I didnt have, out of the cargo hold. When it came to taking off again I couldnt because me cargo bay was open, it was then i had my eureka moment, that i must have to open the cargo bay doors in order to scoop up booty.

Dim of me I know but Ive not had the opportuniy to get back on and test my theory yet!

It'll work if you have that target screen in the cockpit. I think it beeps as well. Can't remember what you need to deploy. Months since i touched this game.

I tried picking up cargo cannisters after a battle had seen a large ship destroyed only to have them bounce of me hull no matter how careful approach. I thought you musnt be able to collect 'booty' in this game. Then, later I landed on a planet for the first time, had a fiddle about trying to get the srv I didnt have, out of the cargo hold. When it came to taking off again I couldnt because me cargo bay was open, it was then i had my eureka moment, that i must have to open the cargo bay doors in order to scoop up booty.

Dim of me I know but Ive not had the opportuniy to get back on and test my theory yet!

Logon or register to see this image

:cool:

of course if the cargo you pick up is from a destroyed ship (rather than willingly jettisoned) it will be marked as stolen, and the station will knack you if you get scanned on the way in...

data missions are your friend early game before you get a ship with more cargo space - gets your rep up and easy money. I’ve been around since back in the day, wasn’t posh enough to have a BBC, you posh twat, so I cut my teeth on the spectrum version :)

:lol: spectrum here too. Mind, if you want a quick blast of nostalgia, you can do a lot worse than this -- http://www.oolite.org/

Last edited:
So I went back to Quince last night, wow its changed.

Barely any missions, took three scan jobs and only managed to finish one as a big fuck off python nearly trashed my Asp before I could jump away. Got away with 18% health left so abandoned the others and got out of there.

So I went back to Quince last night, wow its changed.

Barely any missions, took three scan jobs and only managed to finish one as a big fuck off python nearly trashed my Asp before I could jump away. Got away with 18% health left so abandoned the others and got out of there.

Big(ish) money are the missions at Obsidian orbital, for Thargoid bits and pieces. 20mill in a round-trip taking about 10mins or so. Can be a bit twitchy without corrosion resistant racks

Big(ish) money are the missions at Obsidian orbital, for Thargoid bits and pieces. 20mill in a round-trip taking about 10mins or so. Can be a bit twitchy without corrosion resistant racks
Yeah I read what Slippery said up thread and I'm nowhere near getting those holds. Tbh I'm trying to avoid the thargoids, don't think I'm ready to take them on yet.

Might just go back to intergalactic taxi driving.

Yeah I read what Slippery said up thread and I'm nowhere near getting those holds. Tbh I'm trying to avoid the thargoids, don't think I'm ready to take them on yet.

Might just go back to intergalactic taxi driving.

You can do those missions without interaction with the thargoids. You can pick the things up at a crashsite at Hip 17125 A3A tear back to Maia, taking damage from the corrosive effects. I fitted a AFMU that fixes any critical systems in the Conda on the way.

At Sothis/Ceos smashing through the fed ranks. Bonus is the Sirius Corporation are here too, so I'm getting friendly so I can get the corrosion resistant racks :D

Done a few assassination / kill 24 pirates missions. Mind, I had to shell out 12m to get the conda shipped down :oops::evil:

Last edited:
Whey i know i am someway behind you fellas but that's me first million in the bank and ranked up to dealer. Sweet business indeed! :0)
I'm moving from Xbox to PC and had to start again. First million's the hardest (both times). Congrats.

Taken me a week to scrape 6m credits!

I'm moving from Xbox to PC and had to start again. First million's the hardest (both times). Congrats.

Taken me a week to scrape 6m credits!

Aye Cheers. I do not get on it as often as i would like cause the PS4 Pro is connected to the 4k tell in the main room.

Why did you swapped from console to PC, graphics?

:D
Just broke 200m now what to spend it on. :?:

Ha, ha. No-one like a show off. Remember we are British commander.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye Cheers. I do not get on it as often as i would like cause the PS4 Pro is connected to the 4k tell in the main room.

Ha, ha. No-one like a show off. Remember we are British commander.:D
Peanuts in the grand scheme of things. :( Slippery is worth billions...

Honestly though anyone got any suggestions?

It was a slow process. I bought a PC for streaming then realised it could play games. I upgraded it a bit and didn't need the xbox any more.

It must have been over 2 years since I played and bought Horizons which I hadn't played before.

Making money was hard at first, then I went back to my "home system", LHS 20.

Got my reputation up and remembered old tricks like refreshing mission screens. Did get a bit carried away for a while there.

I asked Frontier if they can transfer accounts from Xbox to PC. They said they could transfer all the credits I earned plus the value of my ships.

Haven't done it yet but nice to know they do that.

Bought a python, kitted out to go mining. Never tried it yet so I'll see how it goes and if it's shit then I'll re tool into a fighter / cargo ship.

Loved the look of the python on the old elite, looking forward to getting one. Its certainly a versitile ship so i am sure it will make you money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back