Elite Dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the Vulture, and skinted myself getting shot to shit. Hated it.
I went back to my Viper and started a fight with anything. I could afford to die regularly, and learn the combat ropes.
After a month or so I found this, and went back to my Vulture.
I love it now! I'm very choosy with my fights though :oops::lol:

Not been on it for ages, but there isn't a fight I wouldn't take on in a Vulture (NPC). Been awhile though so don't know how the new patches have changed it all, but back in the day a Vulture would twat anything a NPC could throw at it.

Only thing really needed is a bit more power on it and double gimballed lasers on the front (as big as you can get as they can hold the medium (or was it large?) lasers).

Not been on it for ages, but there isn't a fight I wouldn't take on in a Vulture (NPC). Been awhile though so don't know how the new patches have changed it all, but back in the day a Vulture would twat anything a NPC could throw at it.

Only thing really needed is a bit more power on it and double gimballed lasers on the front (as big as you can get as they can hold the medium (or was it large?) lasers).
They've changed the dynamics of NPC combat. Now if you take even a simple courier mission you will have one or two NPCs on your tail and they follow you everywhere until either you or they are dead.

The ships they fly are usually matched to your own (I regularly get chased by an Anaconda and a FDL in my Corvette) and the NPC AIs are over-matched too so they're always Elite combat rated when they come after lil ol' Dangerous me.

My usual trick to shake off unwanted persuers of jumping to a new system then pointing my arse at the star doesn't work anymore either; they just keep circling you rather than trying to get behind you and crashing into the star. Its like sitting on a floating log watching Great White sharks swimming around you.

Fortunately I've got all the ranks I need so I can survive on bounties (but not mission contracts) and trading but God help the newbies to the game.

They've changed the dynamics of NPC combat. Now if you take even a simple courier mission you will have one or two NPCs on your tail and they follow you everywhere until either you or they are dead.

The ships they fly are usually matched to your own (I regularly get chased by an Anaconda and a FDL in my Corvette) and the NPC AIs are over-matched too so they're always Elite combat rated when they come after lil ol' Dangerous me.

My usual trick to shake off unwanted persuers of jumping to a new system then pointing my arse at the star doesn't work anymore either; they just keep circling you rather than trying to get behind you and crashing into the star. Its like sitting on a floating log watching Great White sharks swimming around you.

Fortunately I've got all the ranks I need so I can survive on bounties (but not mission contracts) and trading but God help the newbies to the game.

I'll have to log in sometime and test it. Love the Vulture and it had great manueverability so hopefully can take on the AI still. Got a new wire for the 360 controller so all setup. Currently playing NBA 2k17 though!

This - jumped on about a month ago having not played in a year - got my arse handed to me three times in a row before I twigged I needed to drop the courier mission - by which time I was in poverty

Canny camouflage :lol:

Have you done any of the engineering in the game? I'd love to have a bigger jump range
I gave it a try when the Engineers upgrade came out but I got sick to death of having to find all the bits they needed only to have a random generator decide how effective each mod was so I stopped using it ages go.

Just got this. Don't really know what I'm doing so just tooling around delivering data to make credits for now.

I'm used to flying an F16 or A10 so flying without gravity/aerodynamics is taking a bit no getting used to.

Just got this. Don't really know what I'm doing so just tooling around delivering data to make credits for now.

I'm used to flying an F16 or A10 so flying without gravity/aerodynamics is taking a bit no getting used to.
Read back through the entire thread. There are loads of good tips.

Are you on PC or XBox and whats your CMDR name?

I'm Kekkonshiki on PC so if you see me don't shoot! :)

Last edited:
Read back through the entire thread. There are loads of good tips.

Are you on PC or XBox and whats your CMDR name?

I'm Kekkonshiki on PC so if you see me don't shoot! :)

PC.

CMDR Wildcat SH

Not been on open play yet, just making credits on Solo, played a few hours, got an Eagle and about 100,000 credits to my name at the minute.

Might sell the Eagle and go back to a Sidewinder for a bit longer.

Last edited:
PC.

CMDR Wildcat SH

Not been on open play yet, just making credits on Solo, played a few hours, got an Eagle and about 100,000 credits to my name at the minute.

Might sell the Eagle and go back to a Sidewinder for a bit longer.
I'd save up for a Cobra MkIII personally.

@keeps21

I'll be on later tonight when I get back from the pub. If you want we can open a private group in Solo and I can guide you through some basics and maybe get your credits up. Let me know where you are and I'll get my Vette over there.

Last edited:
I'd save up for a Cobra MkIII personally.

@keeps21

I'll be on later tonight when I get back from the pub. If you want we can open a private group in Solo and I can guide you through some basics and maybe get your credits up. Let me know where you are and I'll get my Vette over there.

Just seen this.

What's your steam Id? I'll add you on there and give you a shout if I see you online. (It's difficult for me to plan when I'll be on as it usually depends on the missus/3 year old /7 month old).

Tried bounty hunting at res sites last night. Only got 2 bounties. 23k and 4k.

Spent most of my time scanning/looking for wanted ships. Was only in a low res site though

Upgraded to 2 gimballed pulse lasers and a multicannon.

I think Im in Haxel Port in LT 15574.

If not I'm kicking around Eravate, can't remember if I travelled there before I came off last night.

Just seen this.

What's your steam Id? I'll add you on there and give you a shout if I see you online. (It's difficult for me to plan when I'll be on as it usually depends on the missus/3 year old /7 month old).

Tried bounty hunting at res sites last night. Only got 2 bounties. 23k and 4k.

Spent most of my time scanning/looking for wanted ships. Was only in a low res site though

Upgraded to 2 gimballed pulse lasers and a multicannon.

I think Im in Haxel Port in LT 15574.

If not I'm kicking around Eravate, can't remember if I travelled there before I came off last night.
I'm not on Steam.

Don't bother with Lo-RES sites. The "Lo" means that your targets don't re-spawn very often so you spend most of your time sitting around staring at a blank scanner. Go to Hi-RES sites where you will get a constant stream of fresh targets each time you kill one.

Both Lo and Hi RES sites have cops in attendance so you run the risk of them taking out targets before you can get a shot on them. Try a Haz-RES site once you are confident you can take out a ship on your own.

Don't take on targets which are in a wing until you have a ship which is large enough to cope with multiple attacks while you take them out one at a time and always take on the smallest ships in a wing first. It sounds counter-intuitive but the smaller, more agile ships will run rings round you and shred you if you try to take out their larger, less agile wingman.

For the ultimate killing experience find a compromised nav beacon (CNB) which has the advantage that you don't have to dodge asteroids.

Happy hunting! :D

Last edited:
I'm not on Steam.

Don't bother with Lo-RES sites. The "Lo" means that your targets don't re-spawn very often so you spend most of your time sitting around staring at a blank scanner. Go to Hi-RES sites where you will get a constant stream of fresh targets each time you kill one.

Both Lo and Hi RES sites have cops in attendance so you run the risk of them taking out targets before you can get a shot on them. Try a Haz-RES site once you are confident you can take out a ship on your own.

Don't take on targets which are in a wing until you have a ship which is large enough to cope with multiple attacks while you take them out one at a time and always take on the smallest ships in a wing first. It sounds counter-intuitive but the smaller, more agile ships will run rings round you and shred you if you try to take out their larger, less agile wingman.

For the ultimate killing experience find a compromised nav beacon (CNB) which has the advantage that you don't have to dodge asteroids.

Happy hunting! :D

Makes sense :) Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back