Ekwah

Luton fan. Problem is, we haven’t got a DM. (Evans is long term injured). So we’ve been asking Dan Neil or Ekwah to either share the defensive side of CM in a 2, or have 1 of them keep back making it more of a 4-1-4-1 like we started yesterday, with Ekwah as the 1.

It’s not a role he’s used to. And he doesn’t read the game well enough due to inexperience. He seems slow to react because he’s not anticipating. Though i think part of it is also what TM said - he needs the proverbial slap to keep in on his toes.

Dan has had to do more of the defensive side due to Evans injury last season, he improved that part of his awareness. Most fans would like us to a DM, as much to release Neil & Ekwah to push forward.

Also, many posts on the SMB at the moment are more negative than balanced. We’re nearly all p!*&d off.

Last edited:

He has all the attributes to be a top class midfielder. Watched him last night and he didn't seem particularly interested.

60 mins in, Clarke pulls the ball back to the edge of the area. If Ekwah busts a gut, he gets to the ball and gets a shot away. Instead, he jogs around allowing his marker five yards of space to turn on the ball and play it to safety.

In our play off game, my mate sat in the boxes directly on top of the opposition outs. He's a Man City fan so has no skin in the game. Said Mowbray spent 60 minutes screaming at Ekwah.

You lot of see more of him than me, but he just seems to be that frustrating player who has so much talent but can't be bothered to apply it.
He actually had knackers in that first play off game. Aye you’re spot on. World beater sometimes but often no urgency. Slows the game down when it needs some zip. In his defence he would be better attacking their box rather than defending ours. He’s out of position and it’s not him.

He has all the attributes to be a top class midfielder. Watched him last night and he didn't seem particularly interested.

60 mins in, Clarke pulls the ball back to the edge of the area. If Ekwah busts a gut, he gets to the ball and gets a shot away. Instead, he jogs around allowing his marker five yards of space to turn on the ball and play it to safety.

In our play off game, my mate sat in the boxes directly on top of the opposition outs. He's a Man City fan so has no skin in the game. Said Mowbray spent 60 minutes screaming at Ekwah.

You lot of see more of him than me, but he just seems to be that frustrating player who has so much talent but can't be bothered to apply it.
He’s absolutely class, get your bid in now before he goes

I rate him. I think he's falling victim to our classic situation of not having anyone to replace him for a few weeks when he needs a break.

He does seem to struggle with the pressure though, and it'll probably keep getting worse with the stick he's getting.

No urgency very much like Bellingham. Neil is a better player than both of them
I don't think he is but he busts a gut trying to be, we'd be a lot worse of without him, maybe it's the local lad thing but he never hides, the other two with Dan's attitude would be awesome, they need to realise that and sooner the better.

He’s always gonna divide opinion mainly due to his languid style but loved way he took control of the free kick for his goal, dragging Roberts and Clarke in to set it up.

Little moments like that show the lads starting to mature. Hopefully.

Love him to smash someone every now and again mind!

Back