Ekwah

The overreaction on here to form is a bit daft.

Just a couple of month ago Ekwah was supposedly one of the best centre mids in the league and Bellingham was going to make us a lot of money sooner rather than later, now they're both dismissed as nowhere near good enough by a large chunk of people.
That's how quickly form can dip though isn't it. There's two good players here, no doubt but atm Ekwah looks like he's sitting in on staff training for a job he doesn't want to be in and Bellingham is moving around like he's carrying bricks across quicksand in an 80s film. Football mate.

He's either brilliant or absolutely shocking. He clearly has an attitude issue and needs constant kick up the arse to get the best out of him. if we had another central midfielder i would be dropping Ekwah straight away.

That's how quickly form can dip though isn't it. There's two good players here, no doubt but atm Ekwah looks like he's sitting in on staff training for a job he doesn't want to be in and Bellingham is moving around like he's carrying bricks across quicksand in an 80s film. Football mate.
That’s football supporters for you. We’re a mainly fickle bunch. 🤷

He has all the attributes to be a top class midfielder. Watched him last night and he didn't seem particularly interested.

60 mins in, Clarke pulls the ball back to the edge of the area. If Ekwah busts a gut, he gets to the ball and gets a shot away. Instead, he jogs around allowing his marker five yards of space to turn on the ball and play it to safety.

In our play off game, my mate sat in the boxes directly on top of the opposition outs. He's a Man City fan so has no skin in the game. Said Mowbray spent 60 minutes screaming at Ekwah.

You lot of see more of him than me, but he just seems to be that frustrating player who has so much talent but can't be bothered to apply it.
He just doesn't see the game developing, he's at times oblivious to danger and to opportunities going forward. If you can get him fired up he can be superb, but all too often wants to stroll a about with no urgency.

Bellingham is similarly frustrating. Too much time jogging around, wants 50 touches when he gets the ball. Slows us down. He's done alright to be fair, but he's needed taking out of the side for weeks now. For whatever reason, he seems to play almost every minute of every game irrespective of performance, which is alarming. He absolutely f*xkinbg abysmal against Newcastle, and he played the full 90, for some inexplicable reason. Its happened in other games as well.

He has all the attributes to be a top class midfielder. Watched him last night and he didn't seem particularly interested.

60 mins in, Clarke pulls the ball back to the edge of the area. If Ekwah busts a gut, he gets to the ball and gets a shot away. Instead, he jogs around allowing his marker five yards of space to turn on the ball and play it to safety.

In our play off game, my mate sat in the boxes directly on top of the opposition outs. He's a Man City fan so has no skin in the game. Said Mowbray spent 60 minutes screaming at Ekwah.

You lot of see more of him than me, but he just seems to be that frustrating player who has so much talent but can't be bothered to apply it.

Mowbray used to say in press conferences that he's all the talent in the world but he had to be physical etc and remind him about the things you mention.

Many of our fans can be a bit too precious when constructive criticism like that is made and didnt like some of the commetns Mowbray made on Ekwah, Hemir etc, but after a great run last season by Ekwah(after a slow start ) it appears very much to be true.

Last edited:
Touch and pass.

When he (and the others) do this, we are much better.

Sadly, Pierre too often is touch, touch, touch... by which point he is under pressure / where a player was in space he is no longer / now having to play a backwards pass, killing momentum.

If we can get back to pressing high, quicker football, we will be fine. At present though it's all fart nee shite. Plenty of the ball and do nowt with it.

No urgency very much like Bellingham. Neil is a better player than both of them
Watching all 3 of the fuckers last night, I would have to dispute that, they were all useless.
They are all as slow as out, can't pass forward if their lives depend on it and from the scoring stats this far in the season they are all shite in front of goal (if they ever got forward enough to get a decent shot away).
The most galling thing is they are playing all three in midfield ahead of Pritchard who ends up on the right wing. You have heard of box to box midfielder ?, these should be classed as touchline to touchline midfielders as they can only pass and move sideways.

Back