Egg chasers of the SMB

Umbro officially announcing they are the new kit suppliers for England rugby 😳🤣🤣😳

The RFU have sold themselves out here I think. I certainly wouldn’t buy an England Umbro rugby top.

postponed.

why not?

they aren’t even a good football brand never mind rugby. Totally different product requirements as well from fit to the required robustness of the jersey itself

to me it’s another sign how far the RFU have fallen from the heights of CW insisting that the design of the jersey changed as he believed it was another way of gaining an advantage to now we just take money from whoever offers the most

it’s like England football team getting cotton oxford to make their kit

they aren’t even a good football brand never mind rugby. Totally different product requirements as well from fit to the required robustness of the jersey itself

to me it’s another sign how far the RFU have fallen from the heights of CW insisting that the design of the jersey changed as he believed it was another way of gaining an advantage to now we just take money from whoever offers the most

Umbro have made kits for England before. Late 80s

Umbro officially announcing they are the new kit suppliers for England rugby 😳🤣🤣😳

The RFU have sold themselves out here I think. I certainly wouldn’t buy an England Umbro rugby top.

Looking forward to seeing what they look like. Was thinking about getting an England shirt but I’ll wait now until the new one comes out.

i would say thats a very rugby unionesque attitude. umbro is a long standing English sportswear brand that has consistently made quality goods. three of the six home nations have had rugby jerseys made by them before.

id rather they used umbro over these two season wonder sportswear producers that pop up in rugby all the time.

the Sunderland umbro kit is one of the best we've had since avec imo.

also, canterbury made those Portsmouth kits and they were decent, so crossovers are possible.

people see it as a football brand and a lot are having a snobby attitude because of it. i'm not saying you are but a lot i have seen online and even at my own club are.

fwiw i think the new kit looks decent from the leaked photo, but as rugby fans we know the real test is when the scrums and tackles start. one ripped top in the debut appearance and they could be in for a rough ride.

Back