Egg chasers of the SMB

Any of you follow a club rugby team, or is it all about the international games?

I'm watching a lot of Aviva premiership games and the standard's excellent. But I'm wondering if I should throw my lot in with a club. The North East team is a non starter - Newcastle Falcons, my arse. My local team is Saracens so maybe them, but they're not exactly a flair team. Of the teams with real attacking ability they're the big clubs and something isn't right about being a glory bastard whatever the sport...

I’ve always taken a little bit of an interest in the England rugby team. I’d always watch their matches and obviously I’d be glad if they won and disappointed if they lost but I can’t say it ever really bothered me that much.

This all changed after the WC. I’m now absolutely hooked and probably more of a fan of the national rugby side than the football team. I was f***ing raging after that France game to open the six nations.

Wasps and Leicester are the two closest clubs to me. Me and a mate went to watch Wasps v Gloucester last month and thoroughly enjoyed it.

They emailed me after the game and offered me 20% off another game, I was going to watch them play Sale before the lockdown came into force.

I can’t get enough, I’ve just finished that All or Nothing All Blacks documentary on amazon.

Was hoping to get tickets for one of the autumn internationals at Twickenham but that’s all up in the air now.

I’ve always taken a little bit of an interest in the England rugby team. I’d always watch their matches and obviously I’d be glad if they won and disappointed if they lost but I can’t say it ever really bothered me that much.

This all changed after the WC. I’m now absolutely hooked and probably more of a fan of the national rugby side than the football team. I was f***ing raging after that France game to open the six nations.

Wasps and Leicester are the two closest clubs to me. Me and a mate went to watch Wasps v Gloucester last month and thoroughly enjoyed it.

They emailed me after the game and offered me 20% off another game, I was going to watch them play Sale before the lockdown came into force.

I can’t get enough, I’ve just finished that All or Nothing All Blacks documentary on amazon.

Was hoping to get tickets for one of the autumn internationals at Twickenham but that’s all up in the air now.
Welcome to the club.

Ignore the @Cockney Mackem and @jubblies

They are part of the fat lads club in the forwards and they know fuck all about the skills involved in the game out in the backs where the handsome lads play
waits for bites

Welcome to the club.

Ignore the @Cockney Mackem and @jubblies

They are part of the fat lads club in the forwards and they know fuck all about the skills involved in the game out in the backs where the handsome lads play
waits for bites

Haha, just finished Brian Moore’s book which was excellent and about to start Paul O’Connell’s. I’ve also subscribed to Rugby World. Still a relative novice when it comes to the game but determined to grow my knowledge.👍

Haha, just finished Brian Moore’s book which was excellent and about to start Paul O’Connell’s. I’ve also subscribed to Rugby World. Still a relative novice when it comes to the game but determined to grow my knowledge.👍

my rugby hero jonny Wilkinson’s is decent as well as when the lions roared about the tour to South Africa in the 70s

If you like podcasts I’d recommend the rugby pod and the 5 live rugby weekly.

obviously not much going on at the minute but the rugby pod is hilarious.

my rugby hero jonny Wilkinson’s is decent as well as when the lions roared about the tour to South Africa in the 70s

If you like podcasts I’d recommend the rugby pod and the 5 live rugby weekly.

obviously not much going on at the minute but the rugby pod is hilarious.

I listen to the one with Andy Goode and Jim Hamilton every Tuesday.

Alex Tait lives near me. Was going to knock on the door and shout that on my run earlier

Championship rugby is pish.

standard between that and the next ten leagues down is minimal

I played with Alex Tait back in the day at Darlington, he was a cut above even then.

Still can’t get away with the Falcons, still pleased they have gone up as championship is shite.

Welcome to the club, however, Wasps?? At least they have the advantage of not being Leicester ;)

If you're after a trip to Twickenham, you could always look at the Clash between Bath and Wasps if the season ever gets started again. It's a cracking day out.

Ignore @mcq10, he's just jealous of us fat lads doing the hard work so that he and his fellow haircut brigade can (usually) score the tries we create for them.

Alex Tait lives near me. Was going to knock on the door and shout that on my run earlier

Championship rugby is pish.

standard between that and the next ten leagues down is minimal
Can you tell him that I prefer him over Hammerlse please? Ta!

Hammersley :cool:

Part of a very accomplished back three these days imo. Very accomplished indeed.

Also a team mate of the best scrum half in the world.
Takulua has gone to Toulon mate.
Hammersley :cool:

Part of a very accomplished back three these days imo. Very accomplished indeed.

Also a team mate of the best scrum half in the world.
Sorry, I’ve realised how much I’ve fucked that up. My brain is fried off the last couple weeks.

Last edited:
Reports all over Twitter at the moment that 6 Premiership clubs are planning a breakaway league with the 4 Welsh regions due to the ongoing cost issues with PRL.

That would be quite some league to be a part of, but at the same time would hugely shake up the domestic rugby picture we're used to. It might help sort out the calendar congestion problem.

Reports all over Twitter at the moment that 6 Premiership clubs are planning a breakaway league with the 4 Welsh regions due to the ongoing cost issues with PRL.

That would be quite some league to be a part of, but at the same time would hugely shake up the domestic rugby picture we're used to. It might help sort out the calendar congestion problem.

Depends which 6 premiership clubs. Leicester, Worcester, Wasps, Quins, Irish ...

Back