Egg chasers of the SMB

Eddie Jones's contract as England manager runs until next year, and it's reported that in the coming weeks he's going to hold talks with the RFU about extending to the 2023 World Cup.

What are people's views on that? Personally I think next year would be a good time to part company and give someone else a go. Better for Jones as well. He can leave having improved the team from also-rans to genuine world cup contenders, and having brought through some genuinely world class players. But if he stays on it will go to shit IMHO

Eddie Jones's contract as England manager runs until next year, and it's reported that in the coming weeks he's going to hold talks with the RFU about extending to the 2023 World Cup.

What are people's views on that? Personally I think next year would be a good time to part company and give someone else a go. Better for Jones as well. He can leave having improved the team from also-rans to genuine world cup contenders, and having brought through some genuinely world class players. But if he stays on it will go to shit IMHO
Not for me, for all the WC Final downs, France etc etc, there's a buzz to England I enjoy. I think, given faith, there's a hope in England. Let EJ run it, we win, we lose, but it's huge fun...

The good and the bad of Jones' approach has been seen in this tournament.

The good is the improvement in understanding amongst the players leading to a much greater awareness of tactics and game plan.

The bad is the rigidity of the tactics & game plan, with the players either too stupid or too afraid to change the play.

The good is the improvement in understanding amongst the players leading to a much greater awareness of tactics and game plan.

The bad is the rigidity of the tactics & game plan, with the players either too stupid or too afraid to change the play.
he's very stubborn.

He’s got a massive blind spot on the scrum half position, which is where any tactical flexibility is going to come from

Hooray Henry sport. Despite professionalism it's niver been able to shake that image off for me. "Fancy a game of rugger"? How gay does that sound?
Yes in England and to a far greater extent Scotland. Very much the people’s game in Wales, NZ, Ireland.

im a big League and Super Rugby fan, no way Hooray Henry.

Eddie Jones extends England contract until 2023 World Cup

A weird time to do this. Should have waited until after 2021 6N, in my opinion.
Also, I'm never in favour of giving anyone a contract longer than 2 years.

Agree. The RFU has form for this as well, they extended Jones to 2021 about a week before the 2918 6N started, which was odd timing, and they extended Lancaster before the 2015 World Cup when they didn't need to

Agree. The RFU has form for this as well, they extended Jones to 2021 about a week before the 2918 6N started, which was odd timing, and they extended Lancaster before the 2015 World Cup when they didn't need to

Agreed. I think the jury is still out on Eddie, to a degree at least, and seems odd to extend by that much.
I know a lot of his patter is just gamesmanship, but comes across as arrogant and a bit of a knob at times.

Can’t stand jones. Wish he’d shut the fuck up the way he goes on in press conferences.

I don't see why coaches go to the lengths they do. At the most, they could say "oh we've been working on some new lineout moves" when you haven't so the media talk about that instead of pestering your players. Otherwise leave it, other countries don't need any extra motivation for playing England

Eddie Jones extends England contract until 2023 World Cup

A weird time to do this. Should have waited until after 2021 6N, in my opinion.
Also, I'm never in favour of giving anyone a contract longer than 2 years.
world cup every 4 tho, and we tend to do shit in at least 1 6n before the next wc.
Yes in England and to a far greater extent Scotland. Very much the people’s game in Wales, NZ, Ireland.

im a big League and Super Rugby fan, no way Hooray Henry.
league fans are in no way hooray henry lol.

also i'd like to see people go down horden rugby club and call them hooray henrys.
Can’t stand jones. Wish he’d shut the fuck up the way he goes on in press conferences.
does my nut in. i'd have liked to have seen him replaced tbh.
I don't see why coaches go to the lengths they do. At the most, they could say "oh we've been working on some new lineout moves" when you haven't so the media talk about that instead of pestering your players. Otherwise leave it, other countries don't need any extra motivation for playing England
not the small time ones like wales

Back