Egg chasers of the SMB

Farrell has to take his chance at ten. Personally don’t think his attacking play is that good but ford and Farrell aren’t great in the same team for me

Farrell has to take his chance at ten. Personally don’t think his attacking play is that good but ford and Farrell aren’t great in the same team for me

I think Farrell is underrated with ball in hand. He's had six starts at fly half for England in the last four years so as much as he needs to perform, England need to give him a proper shot. He won't be able to do much if the team isn't firing around him

I think Farrell is underrated with ball in hand. He's had six starts at fly half for England in the last four years so as much as he needs to perform, England need to give him a proper shot. He won't be able to do much if the team isn't firing around him
Agree with all of this. He needs to play all 4 of these games at 10 and get the team used to playing with him there. As the saying goes - the conductor only looks good if the orchestra is in tune.

Also, is anyone else watching/listening to the Joe.co.uk House of Rugby podcast? A knar it features James Haskell, but it's really quite good.

It's good to see him given a go. I'm surprised no one on here has suggested it previously tbh ;)
If we play Cips, Slade, Manu, Chris Ashton, Jonny May and Eliot Daly at 10 to 15, we'll win the world cup.

Last edited:
Also, is anyone else watching/listening to the Joe.co.uk House of Rugby podcast? A knar it features James Haskell, but it's really quite good.

If we play Cips, Slade, Manu, Chris Ashton, Jonny May and Eliot Daly at 10 to 15, we'll win the world cup.
The rugby pod is much better and doesn’t feature that tit Haskell.

If you want serious rugby podcasts then Brian Moore’s is very good.

I was listening to that and then recoiled in horror so much to see Rob Andrew was featured as a guest, that I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to it since. I should try and get past it because I like Brian Moore (one of my heroes growing up), but I just can't bring myself to tune in when that oily f***ing prick might get over there with him

I was listening to that and then recoiled in horror so much to see Rob Andrew was featured as a guest, that I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to it since. I should try and get past it because I like Brian Moore (one of my heroes growing up), but I just can't bring myself to tune in when that oily f***ing prick might get over there with him
Only heard Andrew once mind. I’d give it another go. Used to like the rugby tonight podcast from BT but they haven’t done one his season.

I like listening to ugo Monye but the BBCs podcast isn’t great tbh

Teo is a bit of a gamble...clear that he's wanting a physical centre, with Tuilagi to come on.
Can see the pack struggling, or certainly the back row.

Hope wrong

Do like the Autumn internationals mind

I'm not convinced by Te'o. It's not just that he's a poor man's Manu, it's that he's not as destructive as him and hasn't got much in the way of ball skills either. How much more of a hole does he punch in a defensive line than Farrell or Slade in return for not being able to pass or offload in contact? I'd rather see Marchant or Sam Hill in that case

Or Johnny Williams from Falcons, come to that

Last edited:
I'm not convinced by Te'o. It's not just that he's a poor man's Manu, it's that he's not as destructive as him and hasn't got much in the way of ball skills either. How much more of a hole does he punch in a defensive line than Farrell or Slade in return for not being able to pass or offload in contact? I'd rather see Marchant or Sam Hill in that case

Wouldn't disagree...Jones and Gatland rate him( having said that Gatland would given Teo was ideal for Warrenball)
Part of my reservation would be he's played so little rugby lately

I gave up trying to understand jones decision making long ago

Back