Egg chasers of the SMB

I like the 13 as well, they're a really good midfield partnership

Scarratt

Indeed. The style of the 12 appealed to me, a bit "old fashioned" in some ways. A throw back to when one of the centres was almost another back row. Back in a time when someone once commented, "you have a smart stylish centre, with creases in their shorts, and another centre (the 12) who has no regard to their own safety or that of the opposition" (or something like that).

Need your help lads;

Looking for clubs/teams in the North East at a decent standard - Blaydon, Tynedale, Percy Park, Durham City are what I'm thinking. Any I'm missing out? Below that, who are the teams closest to Sunderland?

Also looking for womens teams in the area, are there any at a decent standard? I know (think!) Sunderland has a team.

Need your help lads;

Looking for clubs/teams in the North East at a decent standard - Blaydon, Tynedale, Percy Park, Durham City are what I'm thinking. Any I'm missing out? Below that, who are the teams closest to Sunderland?

Also looking for womens teams in the area, are there any at a decent standard? I know (think!) Sunderland has a team.
Northern and West Hartlepool are a good standard.

Sunderland has a team playing at Ashbrooke. You also have Westoe in shields. Horden has a team. Seaham used to. Not sure if still going. Houghton has one.

Northern are a decent shout, forgot about them. West Hartlepool are too far away though.

Didn't realise Darlington had a premiership wifeys team mind.

Last edited:
Fun fact: DMP's stadium is the largest Rugby exclusive stadium in England that isn't Twickenham.

So according to the ever reliable Wikipedia, DMP's ground has a capacity of 25000, limited to 10000 by local regs. Leicester's Welford Road holds 25,890 so slightly bigger crowd capacity - although the actual dimensions of the stadium might be bigger at DMP's

So according to the ever reliable Wikipedia, DMP's ground has a capacity of 25000, limited to 10000 by local regs. Leicester's Welford Road holds 25,890 so slightly bigger crowd capacity - although the actual dimensions of the stadium might be bigger at DMP's
Yeah that titbit must've been taken into account before Welford Roads developments a couple years ago.

Bigger than the stoop?
The Stoop is only 14,816 according to google.

Back