Egg chasers of the SMB

Based on last season, I'd say we (Bath) got the better side of that deal, but the Tiggers' back line looks phenomenal and their pack is very good. We desperately need another 12 and there are weaknesses in our depth, but on our day, we can be a match for anyone.

It should be a cracking season, can't wait for it to finally get underway.

Tigers' backs look great until they all get injured in game one

Tigers' backs look great until they all get injured in game one
Or in the warm up on Sunday.

For Bath, I think we'll learn a lot from September. We've got a seriously tough start to the season with Leicester away, Sarries home, Saints away and Newcastle home. 8-10 points by the end of the month would suggest a similar season to last year, 11-14 and top 4 could be on, 16-20 and rugby's coming home ;)

That looks pretty close. Variables are how much Quins suffer when all their internationals are away, and whether they've adequately replaced Evans. Also we have to wait and see who's got the best out of the Ford/Burns swap
Definitely will be close, can't see much separating 3rd down to 7th, think the bottom 3 will be close too. Also hoping to finally get down to the final this year.

Anybody heading up to Murrayfield for the Autumn internationals? Class day out...
Got a ticket to the Samoa test but the Falcons are playing Cardiff that day. Murrayfield is fantastic though.

I reckon Sarries were a bit below their best yesterday, a dropped passes, missed tackles and scruffy line outs. That's how crap Saints are
The lack of real contest made that game more like watching super rugby than a Premiership game. I can't blame Sarries for switching off in such an easy game. I just hope there will be a bit of resting on laurels from them next week.

A perfect pass from Ford to Rokoduguni for our try there! Thanks George!

:D:D:D

I'm slightly worried we got the worse end of the Ford-Burns swap after today, I mean, Ford contributed 9 points to us with his pass to Roko and missing that sitter after May's try. Burns on the other hand...... ;)

Last edited:
A perfect pass from Ford to Rokoduguni for our try there! Thanks George!

:D:D:D

I'm slightly worried we got the worse end of the Ford-Burns swap after today, I mean, Ford contributed 9 points to us with his pass to Roko and missing that sitter after May's try. Burns on the other hand...... ;)

I just caught up with the game after recording it. What the fuck was that? Bath collecting yellows like Lee Cattermole, and Leicester unable to give their backs the ball (and seemingly running into an electric fence whenever they did and got near the try line).

I think you'll do well with Burns. He gives you what Ford gave you, when he was playing well, but will play most games and not be saving it up for England

I just caught up with the game after recording it. What the fuck was that? Bath collecting yellows like Lee Cattermole, and Leicester unable to give their backs the ball (and seemingly running into an electric fence whenever they did and got near the try line).

I think you'll do well with Burns. He gives you what Ford gave you, when he was playing well, but will play most games and not be saving it up for England
It was ridiculous, you would have thought we would have learnt our lesson after Khan went off. Slightly frustrating that of all the high tackles we were penalised for, the softest 2 resulted in yellows, but you can't really argue when you're on a team warning.

I agree on Burns, he's a more reliable kicker, probably has a similar range to Ford, but based on last season, he also offers more with the ball in hand.

Next week will be incredibly tough.

Back