Eat out to Help out

Lola Jeans yesterday was excellent. Starter, main, upgraded fries and 2 drinks (1 alcoholic and 1 soft drink) for under 20 quid. Bait is top class in there.

Looking at going for a curry next week in Shields. I've been to a few on ocean Road previously but where would the SMB recommend?

Lola Jeans yesterday was excellent. Starter, main, upgraded fries and 2 drinks (1 alcoholic and 1 soft drink) for under 20 quid. Bait is top class in there.

Looking at going for a curry next week in Shields. I've been to a few on ocean Road previously but where would the SMB recommend?

I went to Delhi 6 for the 1st time and it was class. Indian Brasserie and Tandoori International are always decent for me, I'm looking to try some of the ones I've not been to yet

I went to Delhi 6 for the 1st time and it was class. Indian Brasserie and Tandoori International are always decent for me, I'm looking to try some of the ones I've not been to yet

Was Delhi 6 busy? It's one that was on the radar like but probably wouldn't have chosen it before this thread. Might try.

We went for our 2nd and 3rd meals this week. I haven't actually managed to book anywhere yet! I've had a couple of knock backs, loads engaged or not answering. The places we've been have just said turn up.

Aperitif in Sunderland last week. Lovely, mentioned earlier in this thread.

On Tuesday we went to the Lambton Arms in Chester-le-Street. Sat out the back in glorious sunshine. £1 to park for 3 hours, over a tenner off 1 starter and 2 meals, very nice.

Last night we went to Coleman's on Ocean Road. £9 off 2 fish and chips, fully licensed, lovely fish lot.

Next week we have finally booked somewhere! We're going to Orangegrass Thai on Wednesday. Again in Shields after an abortive attempt at booking this week.

I went to a factory outlet shopping complex for a new jacket with Mrs Kaplan recently and we stopped for two coffees. We got them half price. It never crossed my mind that we were ‘eating out’. To be honest I’d have preferred that the table (outside) was wiped down and the waitress wore a mask.

I’m going for a coffee/snack later at a place that has loads of outdoor space and after a previous visit I know to be well regulated on distancing etc when ordering and serving etc.

It’s just struck me, after seeing the thread title, that I’ll probably get it half price.

For me, the determining factors on whether I eat out in the current circumstances have nothing to do with whether I’ll save a few quid - except we’re all paying for it through taxes anyway aren’t we. It’s highly unlikely I’d be comfortable eating out, indoors regardless of whether I save money, or even if you paid me.

I recognise that I have just defined the problem.

Italian Kitchen was excellent last night, first draft beer in 5 months was heaven in a glass and the food was nice. Staff all wearing PPE and very professional. They have a one-way system so there's a separate entrance and exit (although how some couple with their bairn managed to walk out the entrance and not follow the arrows was beyond me...) they aren't doing the actual EOTHO discount which is their discretion but when you can get a 2 course meal for £8 you can't complain really. It was full when we arrived but they have removed some tables and spaced the rest out so felt comfortable to sit and eat. Good experience overall and nice to feel 'normal' for a change.

Doesn’t quite work like that if it is paid in months rather than days.His overheads don’t go away.

The government say 5 days for claims to be paid, if a business can’t run on 5 days payment terms it shouldn’t be viable.

The government seem to be honouring payment terms on everything else so not sure why this should be different. I think it’s a case of pay now and audit later.
If he's open anyway, just not doing the promotion, are most of his overheads the same anyway?

Back