Eat out to Help out

It is, staff are great too, really friendly and helpful....

Also read that they gave away a lot of meals during lockdown....

booked in for next Wednesday. Can’t wait
Out in Newcastle this lunchtime, the queues for Nando’s, Wagamama’s and Five Guys were ridiculous. Why the hell would people want to support foreign multi billion pound companies and completely ignore hundreds of local cafe, pubs and restaurants. Total scum

wagamama is British you snobby doylum.

Last edited:

Maccies and Kfc with queues out The door and all seats filled to maximum capacity in covid times, this scheme really should be supporting local restaurants :(

No idea mate. Many are though.

Was it ever a small/local business initiative anyway? I thought he idea was to get people easting out and spending money?

Probably not, but I think it should have been targeted at the smaller local businesses which are in danger of going to the wall.

Hard to get tables at any places on a Wednesday evening . If the aim was to get people out then it’s worked big time.

Makes you wonder though. If you’re gonna do stuff like this to incentivise people to go and eat in restaurants and bars then you need to just hold your hands up and say... it’s over. Open the stadiums, theatres and attractions and get on with it all.

Thai Bay in town. Lusherooney. Don't really here it mentioned much but it's spot on imo.
Sharing starter. Mixed grill noodle dish and Seafood rice dish for mains. 3 pints, a wine and 2 cokes. 50 quid.
Vulgarity

My mate runs an independent restaurant and he didn't sign up to the deal as it causes huge cash flow issues. He said and I have no way to verify it takes up to 3 months to reclaim the money and he can't have a 3 month lag on the cash.
That's fine if is place is busy anyway, but I would have thought that most that take this route will be pretty quiet while this promotion is going on.
I would rather have the money in 3 months than never.

My mate runs an independent restaurant and he didn't sign up to the deal as it causes huge cash flow issues. He said and I have no way to verify it takes up to 3 months to reclaim the money and he can't have a 3 month lag on the cash.
HMRC will need to build a new application to manage the claims. So it'll be dependent upon that going live and the processing times. But 3 months would sound about right. Still got to pay wages etc in that time I suppose.

That's fine if is place is busy anyway, but I would have thought that most that take this route will be pretty quiet while this promotion is going on.
Depends if he can afford to have the debt for 3 months. He's a bit pompous like so it could be an attitude thing.
HMRC will need to build a new application to manage the claims. So it'll be dependent upon that going live and the processing times. But 3 months would sound about right. Still got to pay wages etc in that time I suppose.
I think he blew a load of money kitting it out not before lockdown so I assume he's loaded up with debt and no cash.

Doesn’t quite work like that if it is paid in months rather than days.His overheads don’t go away.

The government say 5 days for claims to be paid, if a business can’t run on 5 days payment terms it shouldn’t be viable.

The government seem to be honouring payment terms on everything else so not sure why this should be different. I think it’s a case of pay now and audit later.

Back