Eat out to Help out

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he's open anyway, just not doing the promotion, are most of his overheads the same anyway?
The big difference is, are you getting the money there and then to cover those overheads or 3 months later... 3 months with only half your expected income coming in could mean closure for a lot of businesses.

The big difference is, are you getting the money there and then to cover those overheads or 3 months later... 3 months with only half your expected income coming in could mean closure for a lot of businesses.
They will also be taking full price takens on the other week days though

We went for our 2nd and 3rd meals this week. I haven't actually managed to book anywhere yet! I've had a couple of knock backs, loads engaged or not answering. The places we've been have just said turn up.

Aperitif in Sunderland last week. Lovely, mentioned earlier in this thread.

On Tuesday we went to the Lambton Arms in Chester-le-Street. Sat out the back in glorious sunshine. £1 to park for 3 hours, over a tenner off 1 starter and 2 meals, very nice.

Last night we went to Coleman's on Ocean Road. £9 off 2 fish and chips, fully licensed, lovely fish lot.

Next week we have finally booked somewhere! We're going to Orangegrass Thai on Wednesday. Again in Shields after an abortive attempt at booking this week.
I've just booked Aperitif on your recommendation mate

They will also be taking full price takens on the other week days though
Aye but restaurants work on such fine margins. Would be interesting to see what the numbers are like on weekends since this scheme was introduced.

Jamie Oliver’s restaurants when he had the chain needed 3000 covers per week each to be sustainable.

Aye but restaurants work on such fine margins. Would be interesting to see what the numbers are like on weekends since this scheme was introduced.

Jamie Oliver’s restaurants when he had the chain needed 3000 covers per week each to be sustainable.
Well I'm off out to eat tonight and was out last friday. I still think people will be eating out still on the none offer days.

We went for our 2nd and 3rd meals this week. I haven't actually managed to book anywhere yet! I've had a couple of knock backs, loads engaged or not answering. The places we've been have just said turn up.

Aperitif in Sunderland last week. Lovely, mentioned earlier in this thread.

On Tuesday we went to the Lambton Arms in Chester-le-Street. Sat out the back in glorious sunshine. £1 to park for 3 hours, over a tenner off 1 starter and 2 meals, very nice.

Last night we went to Coleman's on Ocean Road. £9 off 2 fish and chips, fully licensed, lovely fish lot.

Next week we have finally booked somewhere! We're going to Orangegrass Thai on Wednesday. Again in Shields after an abortive attempt at booking this week.
Probably recognise your phone number. ;) :)

Payment is within five days.

Stirks last night for first time. Was excellent I must say. Surf n Turf lovely, ale prices little steep but will be back.

I was there last night too, the meal was really nice.

Got to say social distancing and following the regulations wasn't happening at all, it's like people have given up.

Dehli 6 is the best for a differnt curry as it's a street food based meal, still offers the usual, but their own menu is superb....

I got the Mumbaiwala I think it was called, the lamb chops, that was lovely and a bit different from my usual chicken/king prawn curry

The Bombay king prawns I had off the small plate menu as a starter, again lovely

Bombay chilli chicken I fancy next time I go

My mate runs an independent restaurant and he didn't sign up to the deal as it causes huge cash flow issues. He said and I have no way to verify it takes up to 3 months to reclaim the money and he can't have a 3 month lag on the cash.
It will be in the bank within 5 working days of claim apparently. The money has been quick for furlough and self employment grant. I think your mate was misinformed

But that's assuming the same amount of customers come in. As I said in my OP if the business is busy anyway I could see why they would refuse to carry out the promotion, but if they are quiet (and this will be exacerbated by nearby restaurants taking business from them) not doing the promotion could cost them. Rates, wages, rent etc will all be the same.

But that's assuming the same amount of customers come in. As I said in my OP if the business is busy anyway I could see why they would refuse to carry out the promotion, but if they are quiet (and this will be exacerbated by nearby restaurants taking business from them) not doing the promotion could cost them. Rates, wages, rent etc will all be the same.
I see no real reason not to sign up. Obviously if you're fully booked Monday to Wednesday anyway then there's no point...

That's true of about zero places in the North East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back