Earning Money Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just got rejected for a scholarship I was shortlisted for from Cambridge University and now can’t afford to go there for my masters even though I’ve been accepted.

I have a month to pay for the thing (approximately 23k), how would the SMB suggest I go about raising the cash? Legality is a grey area in this instance of course!

I need cheering up, so the more mental the suggestion the better :lol:
Get working those shafts baby!

Yeah I can and it’ll be significantly cheaper (eg. Affordable without a scholarship), it’s just not quite Cambridge is it :lol: and no, all options are exhausted
What are you doing the Masters in? Oxbridge aren't always the best for all subjects although I understand you'll miss out on the cachet.

What are you doing the Masters in? Oxbridge aren't always the best for all subjects although I understand you'll miss out on the cachet.

It is for my subject, Archaeology. Also the individual research supervisor is one I really wanted. Still I got accepted which is cool in its own right!

Last edited:
It is for my subject, Archaeology. Also the individual research supervisor is one I really wanted. Still I got accepted which is cool in its own right!

No doubt I sound like an absolute dick when I say this, but economically a Masters in Archaeology (or a Masters in all but a handful of subjects) isn't even worth taking a year out of the job market, let alone paying £23K of money you haven't got.

No doubt I sound like an absolute dick when I say this, but economically a Masters in Archaeology (or a Masters in all but a handful of subjects) isn't even worth taking a year out of the job market, let alone paying £23K of money you haven't got.

I’m not thinking economically, I want to do my PHD and work in academics. So it was about going to the best uni for my interests/ subject.

However, at no stage am I ever actually going to pay 23k, I was only ever going if I got a full scholarship. As you say no way wouldn’t anyone in their right mind pay 23k for a years studying. If I didn’t get a scholarship I was always off to Newcastle Uni at 5k for the year. It’s a class university and where I did my undergraduate degree.

This thread was meant more to be humorous then owt else.

Title should have been "Earning Money Quickly". Cambridge obviously on the ball here like.

Ps Sorry about the rejection thing though mate.

Attend the University of Life instead, although it helps if you went to prep at the School of Hard Knocks. Seen quite a few successful types on Facebook who attended. Loads of them are CEO of their own household and suchlike.

I'm just curious....

Did you go to uni?

Just got rejected for a scholarship I was shortlisted for from Cambridge University and now can’t afford to go there for my masters even though I’ve been accepted.

I have a month to pay for the thing (approximately 23k), how would the SMB suggest I go about raising the cash? Legality is a grey area in this instance of course!

Can you pick the phone up and have a conversation with them? Scrape together what you can and give it to them up-front, then see if there is any sort of payment plan you can get.

Failing that, just go to a different university. If you drop that you were accepted for Cambridge I'm sure it would help too.

I’m not thinking economically, I want to do my PHD and work in academics. So it was about going to the best uni for my interests/ subject.

However, at no stage am I ever actually going to pay 23k, I was only ever going if I got a full scholarship. As you say no way wouldn’t anyone in their right mind pay 23k for a years studying. If I didn’t get a scholarship I was always off to Newcastle Uni at 5k for the year. It’s a class university and where I did my undergraduate degree.

Don’t worry about it mate. Two fellas I work with, one got his PhD from Oxford, the other from Cambridge, yet they’re stuck working with me, a lad with no more than a Desmond from Sunderland uni.

Just go to Durham and buy yourself a special Indiana Jones hat and whip and you’ll be happy.

A masters?
Stop taking the piss and being a student for ever and go out and get a job ffs

Its humorous alright with some of the get rich schemes that's been mentioned:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back