E3 - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have just bought Last of Us which has an online key meaning i cant give or sell it on; so in essence the new process introduced by MS and Sony is not really any different.

Wrong. You could quite easily sell and trade it like any other game. The lack of online pass does not stop people from playing the main part of the game.

Plenty of nuggets on eBay will have it for 30-40 quid.

Wrong. You could quite easily sell and trade it like any other game. The lack of online pass does not stop people from playing the main part of the game.

Plenty of nuggets on eBay will have it for 30-40 quid.

The point i was making was that with the xbox one i can still trade or sell my games in a 100% complete condition without crippled multiplayer etc if they kept the existing online pass system then i couldn't even give a multiplayer title to my son.

The new system is far far far from ideal, but its better than steam, and has some advantages to the current status quo.

The point i was making was that with the xbox one i can still trade or sell my games in a 100% complete condition without crippled multiplayer etc if they kept the existing online pass system then i couldn't even give a multiplayer title to my son.

The new system is far far far from ideal, but its better than steam, and has some advantages to the current status quo.
on what planet??

steam is class, i can get relatively new games for 2/3 quid each, will Sony or Microsoft fuck ever allow game prices be that low as they would lose out on millions, why would they put n a game sale with Game A at £2 and potentially make 10k sales when they could have it at £10 and people will still pay it, they will charge what they want when people pay it.

on what planet??

steam is class, i can get relatively new games for 2/3 quid each, will Sony or Microsoft fuck ever allow game prices be that low as they would lose out on millions, why would they put n a game sale with Game A at £2 and potentially make 10k sales when they could have it at £10 and people will still pay it, they will charge what they want when people pay it.

I wasn't referring to price, I was referring to the DRM restrictions, Steam does not allow any trading or transferring whatsoever, at least Microsoft is allowing some.

With reference to price, I don't think we would ever see prices at the same level as Steam on the new consoles but would Microsoft be able to undercut Sony on price bearing in mind the publishers would get a slice of the resale pie when on Sony they wouldn't?

on what planet??

hmm this could also be an option depending on how expensive a decent gaming pc will be.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Launch_Titles

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/Playstation_4_Launch_Titles

hmm this could also be an option depending on how expensive a decent gaming pc will be.

Great option, I recently got back into PC gaming with a decent (not great) graphics card and current gen titles like Tomb Raider, Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite were loads better than on the consoles especially if you hook your PC upto your TV.

Busy playing through Saints Row 3 that I got for £7 from Steam. BF3 on PC looks incredible but I can't get away using mouse and keyboard anymore, so its great to see 64 player multiplayer coming to next gen consoles in BF4.

You can build a pretty decent PC relatively cheaply now and you can play most of the games coming to both consoles. Only ones you would miss out on are a few of the 1st party exclusives.

Great option, I recently got back into PC gaming with a decent (not great) graphics card and current gen titles like Tomb Raider, Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite were loads better than on the consoles especially if you hook your PC upto your TV.

Busy playing through Saints Row 3 that I got for £7 from Steam. BF3 on PC looks incredible but I can't get away using mouse and keyboard anymore, so its great to see 64 player multiplayer coming to next gen consoles in BF4.

You can build a pretty decent PC relatively cheaply now and you can play most of the games coming to both consoles. Only ones you would miss out on are a few of the 1st party exclusives.

can you buy xbox controllers or something similar for pc mate? i'd struggle to play most games with the old fashioned keyboard and mouse.

I wasn't referring to price, I was referring to the DRM restrictions, Steam does not allow any trading or transferring whatsoever, at least Microsoft is allowing some.

With reference to price, I don't think we would ever see prices at the same level as Steam on the new consoles but would Microsoft be able to undercut Sony on price bearing in mind the publishers would get a slice of the resale pie when on Sony they wouldn't?

But the price is negligible enough for them not to bother, Microsoft though will be charging £30-40 for a game and allowing some sharing, im not clued up entirely but there are restrictions on allowing 10 people to play the games you own, as in only one person can play it at a time, so they have been bigging it as a feature, which dont get me wrong it would be if it wasnt so heavily restricted.

When me and my mates first got PS3s after years of Xboxes the thing we liked was we could chip in a few quid each for a game from the store and we could all have it on our console as it was playable on 4 different consoles with no restriction on when you could play it, its been reduced to 2 now but its still handy to have, especially when you consider i couldnt even share certain DLC with my sister on Xbox despite us using the same console but having different tags, its gotten better in that respect but its one thing that did and still does piss me off about the Xbox360, it talked of freedom to play when it came out but its very restricted in what it allows you to do, my PS3 for example i can import foreign games and play them fine but certain 360 games wont work in different regions, which is a bastard if you really want to play it.

Id love to see a system like steam of low prices and no DRM restrictions but considering the money involved in the console market i cant see you ever having both, its going to be a case of one or the other or one seriously compromised to allow minimal implementation of the other.

But the price is negligible enough for them not to bother, Microsoft though will be charging £30-40 for a game and allowing some sharing, im not clued up entirely but there are restrictions on allowing 10 people to play the games you own, as in only one person can play it at a time, so they have been bigging it as a feature, which dont get me wrong it would be if it wasnt so heavily restricted.

When me and my mates first got PS3s after years of Xboxes the thing we liked was we could chip in a few quid each for a game from the store and we could all have it on our console as it was playable on 4 different consoles with no restriction on when you could play it, its been reduced to 2 now but its still handy to have, especially when you consider i couldnt even share certain DLC with my sister on Xbox despite us using the same console but having different tags, its gotten better in that respect but its one thing that did and still does piss me off about the Xbox360, it talked of freedom to play when it came out but its very restricted in what it allows you to do, my PS3 for example i can import foreign games and play them fine but certain 360 games wont work in different regions, which is a bastard if you really want to play it.

Id love to see a system like steam of low prices and no DRM restrictions but considering the money involved in the console market i cant see you ever having both, its going to be a case of one or the other or one seriously compromised to allow minimal implementation of the other.

I agree the current situation on the 360 is awful with regards to DLC not being able to share content. I would bet that this wont change ongoing either.

Game sharing on the new xbox is still limited in terms of only one person being able to play the title at once. This isn't a problem for most singleplay titles but is obviously no use if you wanted to play multiplayer titles at the same time. That said it does mean I can share titles with my son just not at the same time.

New releases on Steam are still roughly £30 but its amazing how fast the prices drop, wishful thinking to expect the same on Xbox I suppose. It would however be possible for xbox games to be the same price as on the PC i.e. £30 rather than £40 due to publishers getting revenues for trade ins and pre-owned games which they don't get at present. Would publishers demand more for PS4 games as they won't get any revenue from trade in titles?

Unfortunately DRM is the potential price we may have to pay for lower prices, or at least for game prices not increasing. I for one hope the £60 prices being quoted on Amazon etc are not accurate. Microsoft have said they will be charging the current $60 for their games which is what most games are now so £40 is looking more likely.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

This wasn't something i was fully aware of and seems a great feature, wonder if it works with multiplayer titles? Only needing one copy of COD or BF4 etc for my son and I on different machines would be loads better.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/privacy

Last edited:
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

This wasn't something i was fully aware of and seems a great feature, wonder if it works with multiplayer titles? Only needing one copy of COD or BF4 etc for my son and I on different machines would be loads better.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/privacy
it sound like a positive but only one person can play the game at any given time, basically the same as owning one disc and passing it around, but restricted so much 2 people cant play at the same time.

Basically its lending a game digitally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back