E3 - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The moment Sony won E3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&client=mv-google&v=SJ-To7WJyWs&nomobile=1

I suspect that M$ are going to do a full u-turn on the used game restrictions and internet check-ins policy.

I'm torn here. I like the xbox pad better, i like the navigation better, i like the exclusives more. On the other hand, sony don't seem determined to charge you extra for stuff you dont want (kinect) and piss you off with their stupid rules about being online or lending games to your mates. £80 is a canny leap, and I can't see where the value for money is coming from with the 360.

I'm torn here. I like the xbox pad better, i like the navigation better, i like the exclusives more. On the other hand, sony don't seem determined to charge you extra for stuff you dont want (kinect) and piss you off with their stupid rules about being online or lending games to your mates. £80 is a canny leap, and I can't see where the value for money is coming from with the 360.
Buy a PS4 and an Xbox controller for it with the £80 saving you'd pocket.

Quite good and reasoned argument here regarding the Xbox furore tinyurl.com/lhgef76

The article cuts through some of the misinformation and feverish responses present of most forums.

I personally want both consoles to succeed because it simply means more competition and hopefully better games. Will get both at some point, same as i did with the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Quite good and reasoned argument here regarding the Xbox furore tinyurl.com/lhgef76

The article cuts through some of the misinformation and feverish responses present of most forums.

I personally want both consoles to succeed because it simply means more competition and hopefully better games. Will get both at some point, same as i did with the PS3 and Xbox 360.

What he says in that article hasn't made me think any differently about the restrictions put in place by Microsoft. Can anyone explain how that article makes things more acceptable? I can't see it...

Just confirms I won't be buying either until they have been out a while. Get the best one, cheaper too.

good article

The biggest problem is the price difference and the need to connect every 24 hours whilst using your console.

Moving home frequently as i have in the past few years, it has proved a real pain in the arse getting broadband installed, which would make the 24hr thing a problem; however you can tether the xbox to your mobile to complete the drm checks.

The £80 difference is hard to swallow unless you want the camera to go with the ps4 (£60) or if you dont already subscribe to PS+ (£30 and worth every penny if you dont already) in which case the price difference is inconsequential.

As i understand it you can still trade in your games (never done it on the 360 or PS3 and cant see that changing) on both consoles. The fact that my son can log in and access my games library on his console and vice versa is big plus.

One thing i dont understand people getting upset over is the mandatory installation of games on the new xbox, i cant think of any PS3 games that didnt require installation and that was never an issue?

I have just bought Last of Us which has an online key meaning i cant give or sell it on; so in essence the new process introduced by MS and Sony is not really any different.

Just my opinion and i firmly believe that both consoles will be great and i am sure whichever we choose will be fine.

what i've seen of E3 so far has pissed me off a little bit. seems like every game that looks interesting is an exclusive for the xbox, and there's no f***ing way i'm getting one with their ridiculous stance on pre owned games.

on the plus side i have never played any ps3 games and as far as i'm aware the ps4 is backward compatible? so i'll be busy playing all the ps3 exclusives i missed out on with my 360.

what i've seen of E3 so far has pissed me off a little bit. seems like every game that looks interesting is an exclusive for the xbox, and there's no f***ing way i'm getting one with their ridiculous stance on pre owned games.

on the plus side i have never played any ps3 games and as far as i'm aware the ps4 is backward compatible? so i'll be busy playing all the ps3 exclusives i missed out on with my 360.

PS4 isnt backwards compatible, it may be added later when they launch their gaikai service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back