DWP (Seaham) -anybody worked there??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did for about six years. Got sick of pay freezes so dove into the private sector. Said it plenty on here, the obsession with one sector against another is baffling and embarrassing. Both sectors have chancers and hard workers.
Always suspected that, did a long stint at Longbenton , worked with grafters and people who were virtually unemployable outside of longbenton

Was about eight years ago now. Pondered heading back over but someone said its gone to shit these days. Shame.
I left 3 years ago , lots of chancers flying through the ranks , top mgmt loved them , most couldn't do admin work , but bullshit baffles brains i suppose , still meet up for a beer with some mates from bpv, desperate to get out

I left 3 years ago , lots of chancers flying through the ranks , top mgmt loved them , most couldn't do admin work , but bullshit baffles brains i suppose , still meet up for a beer with some mates from bpv, desperate to get out

What they waiting for? Pay off? Thing is, further up you go, the less work you need to do. It's all meetings. So the capable suit the business better staying further down the chain.

Last edited:
Already started in our area - plan is to have 60% desks to people across BPV and not far off that , I rarely get a desk in with the team I head now as I don’t get in early enough. The car park passes are all under review though so at least those who live close to the office will need to surrender their pass to those with long commutes
April can't come quick enough!

Did for about six years. Got sick of pay freezes so dove into the private sector. Said it plenty on here, the obsession with one sector against another is baffling and embarrassing. Both sectors have chancers and hard workers.

Its not a different as I expected tbh

I didn't ask who you worked for, I asked which percentile you think you fit into

Imagine using the words 'grafters' and 'admin' in the same sentence
They'd be different mate since your percentages were based on Civil Service.

I'm probably sitting in between 'Doing all of the work' and 'Doing nowt all day' though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back