DWP (Seaham) -anybody worked there??

Dunno where you live but isn’t there plans to move all DWP to water view park once HMRC have moved to Benton? Universal credit stuff would put me right off.

no - waterview is scheduled for closure.
Interesting thread this. I used to be a senior manager there and still work at DWP

Last edited:
Well, I have passed the tests. So been asked to submit full application.

I have no idea about that, but that would be great as it's even nearer to where I live!! :lol::lol:

They are temp jobs, but my temp job ends in March......

Do you work at Seaham though, fella?

I'm not allowed to tell you, once you're in you'll know why :)

I work at Waterview and plan is to move HMRC staff to Benton, and DWP staff into Waterview in 2024-25.

really strange then that Waterview Park doesn’t feature at all in DWPs estate strategy 🙄. Can you tell us which current buildings that currently house DWP staff are closing with the move to Waterview Park?
Allegedly.

I work at WvP too. Don't know how they're going to fit us all in at BPV.
[/QUOTE]
The desk space standards at BPV are far in excess of what they need to be in some areas. Bunk them up to create more space. DWP has an estates strategy that creates “hubs” for some of its corporate services - for example - digital and finance - elsewhere including Preston and Durham House. More space for HMRC to occupy when they leave BPV. Granted, the METRO will make a bomb cause there aren’t any car parking spaces - but you will all be nice and cosy at BPV.

Last edited:
really strange then that Waterview Park doesn’t feature at all in DWPs estate strategy 🙄. Can you tell us which current buildings that currently house DWP staff are closing with the move to Waterview Park?
Allegedly.

The desk space standards at BPV are far in excess of what they need to be in some areas. Bunk them up to create more space. DWP has an estates strategy that creates “hubs” for some of its corporate services - for example - digital and finance - elsewhere including Preston and Durham House. More space for HMRC to occupy when they leave BPV. Granted, the METRO will make a bomb cause there aren’t any car parking spaces - but you will all be nice and cosy at BPV.
[/QUOTE]

Very cosy haha. I'm hoping i'm gone before we go to BPV, think i'll get a job in Asda stacking shelves :)

Allegedly.

[/QUOTE]
It's just what everyone is saying....don't stress out about it.

It's just what everyone is saying....don't stress out about it.
[/QUOTE]
I’m not stressed . Don’t work at either of them any more - but I’ve worked at both

Back