DWP (Seaham) -anybody worked there??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno where you live but isn’t there plans to move all DWP to water view park once HMRC have moved to Benton? Universal credit stuff would put me right off.

Didn't see Durham, mate, but I will keep looking as I've been trying to get into the civil service for a bit now. Passport Office said yes then withdrew the offer on the basis that I'd been to Canada for a year within the last two years (which I did mention at the start and at interview, seemingly noone noticed until the end), otherwise not had an interview yet.
Why would that have any impact on you working there?

Why would that have any impact on you working there?
Residency requirements for the Home Office and its relevant offices are, apparently, that you need to have lived in the UK for at least 18 of the last 24 months. Shame this wasn't explained at the start; if it were, I wouldn't have bothered applying!

Residency requirements for the Home Office and its relevant offices are, apparently, that you need to have lived in the UK for at least 18 of the last 24 months. Shame this wasn't explained at the start; if it were, I wouldn't have bothered applying!
That's a shame.

I’ve just applied for this as well. Probably won’t get it like but worth a try. Got laid off from my last job 3 days before Xmas so would be ideal even if it’s just temporary.

Dunno where you live but isn’t there plans to move all DWP to water view park once HMRC have moved to Benton? Universal credit stuff would put me right off.

The job I am going after is based in Seaham, Spectrum Business Park.....

I’ve just applied for this as well. Probably won’t get it like but worth a try. Got laid off from my last job 3 days before Xmas so would be ideal even if it’s just temporary.

Well, I have passed the tests. So been asked to submit full application.

I have no idea about that, but that would be great as it's even nearer to where I live!! :lol::lol:
Think they were recruiting in quite a few locations , Durham maybe one ??

Could be mistaken here but weren’t they just temporary jobs ? Need to check if she applied

They are temp jobs, but my temp job ends in March......
I think you'll find 25% do all the work, 50% do nothing all day and 25% are unemployable elsewhere - I'm in the 25% doing all the work, although posting on football forums isn't really in my job description

Do you work at Seaham though, fella?

Last edited:

Hope you get something soon, fella.
I have an interview coming up for DWP Sunderland

Where/what were the jobs in Sunderland? Must of missed them, I am going for ones at Seaham.

Well, I have passed the tests. So been asked to submit full application.

I have no idea about that, but that would be great as it's even nearer to where I live!! :lol::lol:

They are temp jobs, but my temp job ends in March......

Do you work at Seaham though, fella?

Was the full application bit after the part where you submitted your personal statement etc?

Civil service - low workload , ok salary , decent pension , loads of WADS , lots of holiday
My marra worked in sunderland in the 80s and 90s and emigrated to Aiustralia ..he is top lad has great life and puts a lot of it down to civil service working giving him good start ..we had some great nights in the Burton House back in the day and civil service lot were great.
We would split to go our seperate ways around town but all meet back in Finos ..
The Civil service was great grounding for a canny few I met who all seemed good folk.
I think I’ll be applying seeing as though I’m convinced I’m not going to be a firefighter now :oops:
I'm asking the Mrs (no) for pilots lessons for me 60th !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back