Durham on miners gala day.

Spotted Jeremy Corbyn

No sign of that angry bald badly aged sausage Richard Holden.

Hideous sandals :lol:

Last edited:
I'm off to the pictures tonight through there will the carpark be shut at the Riverwalk, not till 7pm but I remember it being closed for that light festival thing and had to park mike's away.

Geordie and Tommy were stranded in the Sahara Desert crawling over the sand dunes dying of thirst.
Geordie says to his mate, “Hew Tom, d’ya knar what day it is?”
Tommy says, “ Nee idea…what day is it?”
Geordie says, “It’s Durham Miners Gala man!”
Tommy looks up at the glaring sun and says….
“They’ve got a canny day for it mind.”

Great day, although we're home now as the kids were melting.

We saw all the speeches up to and including the nurse from Sheffield (Holly Johnson, no, not that one).

The postie (Rohan Kon, also from Sheffield) was brilliant, as was the lady from UCU (Jo Grady). When we were leaving I think someone was ranting about Boris Johnson but I missed it.

The bands we saw were excellent, love the big singalongs by the steps at Elvet Bridge.

The weather couldn't have been better for me, but too hot for my little people. Some lovely bait from Longhorns which had set up near gadds town house. Served by a MLF.

Lots of merry people, no trouble. Very good.

I've seen a picture of Angela Rayner next to a NASUWT banner on Facey.
Comments including:
"Pretending to be working class"
"Labour treating voters of the North East like mugs for half a century "
"She only comes to the North East once a year"
What the actual frig? 🤷‍♂️

No sightings of Holden, Davison or Howell, which was disappointing. 🙁

We saw all the speeches up to and including the nurse from Sheffield (Holly Johnson, no, not that one).

The postie (Rohan Kon, also from Sheffield) was brilliant, as was the lady from UCU (Jo Grady). When we were leaving I think someone was ranting about Boris Johnson but I missed it.

The bands we saw were excellent, love the big singalongs by the steps at Elvet Bridge.

The weather couldn't have been better for me, but too hot for my little people. Some lovely bait from Longhorns which had set up near gadds town house. Served by a MLF.

Comments including:

I had to go before the speeches. Nice weather is no good for dainty-wristed desk nerds like me. It was a lovely atmosphere. I'm not in Durham for the Gala, but I'm glad my visit coincided.

Comments including:

Yeah, I read the comments underneath and just thought what chance has the labour party got with some of the sentiments. Really wanted to go today but Covid spoilt that.

Too hot for me and my baldy napper, but well attended and no reports of any trouble - the weather makes all the difference - I recall going one year and it chucked it down all day, some time back now like

Back