Durham mags.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't really get the hatred towards Durham folk supporting the mags..or is it expected that anybody from Durham should support Sunderland? The world is massive support comes from all corners regardless of accents
Fuck's sake mate, I'm a paddy and even I know that Sunderland are the club of County Durham. I work in Durham and the mags I work with couldn't find Sid James Park with both hands. We are Wearside.

You asked me a serious question and I gave a serious answer that you totally ignored.

Do you want a debate or are you just here to post shite?

In case you missed my response, here it is again.

"Genuine accents are wonderful and there are literally dozens across the NE that I love.

I can generally identify people to within 10 miles of their home, even when they've been exiles for years.

Durham people over accentuating the 'Geordie' accent are fake and absolutely pitiful.

I'm 100% comfortable with my accent and heritage."
Typical response from an idiot.. have you considered maybe why they talk half geaordie half mackem? maybe they have parents from across the region ..hence the strange accent? seems that bothers you a tad

What do you think I am, a bloody calculator?

No.
It just seems that a lot of people are generalizing that all Durham based Newcastle supporters are bandwagon junpers, they all change their accent etc. As if there is some sort of empirical evidence to back it up rather than anecdotal evidence

I wasn't even responding to you at the time so don't get your knickers in a twist

You didn't quote anyone, you simply said 'Are they worse than Sunderland supporters from Northumberland?'

I gave you a proper response that you ignored because you don't have an answer.

Once again you prove you're just full of shit and incapable of meriting a reasonable response of debating point.

As soon as you're beat you run away which, at least, proves you're a Mag.

Fuck's sake mate, I'm a paddy and even I know that Sunderland are the club of County Durham. I work in Durham and the mags I work with couldn't find Sid James Park with both hands. We are Wearside.
so why the obsession with Durham mags?.. has anybody slagged you off about your accent?

Typical response from an idiot.. have you considered maybe why they talk half geaordie half mackem? maybe they have parents from across the region ..hence the strange accent? seems that bothers you a tad

Of course I have :rolleyes:

I can tell the difference between someone with a genuine accent and someone putting it on for effect.

The likes of Sting can turn their accent on or off like a factory switch .... it's absolutely pathetic.

You didn't quote anyone, you simply said 'Are they worse than Sunderland supporters from Northumberland?'

I gave you a proper response that you ignored because you don't have an answer.

Once again you prove you're just full of shit and incapable of meriting a reasonable response of debating point.

As soon as you're beat you run away which, at least, proves you're a Mag.

Durham mags.......

No.
It just seems that a lot of people are generalizing that all Durham based Newcastle supporters are bandwagon junpers, they all change their accent etc. As if there is some sort of empirical evidence to back it up rather than anecdotal evidence
Ok, so now you think I am a bloody dictionary!

No.
It just seems that a lot of people are generalizing that all Durham based Newcastle supporters are bandwagon junpers, they all change their accent etc.

As if there is some sort of empirical evidence to back it up rather than anecdotal evidence

That's just the inevitable response from someone desperate to deny reality and common knowledge.

If there hasn't been a government funded university study you can always say it's just 'anecdotal' :lol:

That's just the inevitable response from someone desperate to deny reality and common knowledge.

If there hasn't been a government funded university study you can always say it's just 'anecdotal' :lol:

So we should just go with conjecture as proof?

It's been said before we have Geordie supporters, forget about the Battle of Boldon Hill and the Metro. I don't like Maggie's they are the 1992'ers not ALL Geordie's are wrong'uns.

We keep saying Geordie's and it is the Maggie Nahsun that are daft from a football perspective.

If Geordie's have a beef it is because they are inferior to us, that is all. :D:D
I wish you were around when the arseholes had us running out the Fulwell and before that having to take our scarves off coming out Fulwell when the twats used to march around the back in hordes looking for trouble in the 80,s...

so why the obsession with Durham mags?.. has anybody slagged you off about your accent?
Hardly an obsession. You support your local team. For County Durham that is SAFC. I'll give a little leeway to the Gateshead folk who are historically County Durham but north of the river is probably their local team. As far as my accent goes, I can't open my gob without some funny c*nt parroting me like it's never been done before.

Great lads never had any bother with them...unlike the Gateshead mackems from Tyneside
I have a lot of time for the Gateshead Sunderland supporters. They still recognise their County Durham roots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back