Durham Big Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rather it was spent on public services. The council are doing a spending review on services for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). Just give them the 1.1m instead. Far more deserving

Did you feel the same when they ploughed far more into Durham County Cricket Club rather than spend it on kids with special needs?

“This year marks the 150th anniversary of the Durham Miners' Association, and a quarter of a century since the closure of the last colliery on the Durham coalfield.

"That the Durham Miners’ Gala has survived and is now thriving is testament to the strength and values of the communities of the North East, and the wider working-class movement.

"The Gala celebrates our past struggles and achievements, but also renews our confidence and resolve to carry on the fight for peace, equality and justice.

"It is a great honour to speak at the Durham Miners' Gala. I look forward to joining more than 200,000 visitors at the 135th Big Meeting.”

Amen to that :cool:

“This year marks the 150th anniversary of the Durham Miners' Association, and a quarter of a century since the closure of the last colliery on the Durham coalfield.

"That the Durham Miners’ Gala has survived and is now thriving is testament to the strength and values of the communities of the North East, and the wider working-class movement.

"The Gala celebrates our past struggles and achievements, but also renews our confidence and resolve to carry on the fight for peace, equality and justice.

"It is a great honour to speak at the Durham Miners' Gala. I look forward to joining more than 200,000 visitors at the 135th Big Meeting.”

Amen to that :cool:
Just past by the Brandon banner marra

Yet again the Big Meeting is bizarrely full of regular people enjoying themselves. Somebody off here needs to tell them they're drunken hooligans who are supposed to be bricking windows, because they seem to have missed the memo.

Was anybody expecting drunks breaking windows at 10 30 in the morning!!!

Seriously I agree with you mate it is enjoyed by regular people having a good time and think the people saying it’s full of drunks was unfair.

But it’s a bit daft saying there is no drunks there this early in the morning to back up your argument surely?

Last edited:
Was anybody expecting drunks breaking windows at 10 30 in the morning!!!

Seriously I agree with you mate it is enjoyed by regular people having a good time.

But it’s a bit daft saying there is no drunks there this early in the morning to back up your argument surely?
Yes there are people drinking. There have been people drinking for the fifty years I've been coming. Somebody might even get arrested. Oh my God!

Yes there are people drinking. There have been people drinking for the fifty years I've been coming. Somebody might even get arrested. Oh my God!

Surely even the bigger critics were not expecting drunks this early?

I am not disagreeing with you!

Well apart from the fact I have been drinking 30 years and never been arrested or even close

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back