Dunkirk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only saw it at Dalton Park Cineworld and had to tell go out and tell them they hadn't adjusted the ratio to fit the full screen, so for the first 10 mins of the movie it played with black borders all around it!
There was summit we went to watch the other week and the bottom right quater of the screen was really out of focus. I bet none of the projectors have been calibrated properly.

Really been looking forward to this but not sure if I'll be back on my feet in time before it finishes

Last edited:

Could this be the first time in smb history that nobody slags it off looking for attention??

Saw it last night. Thought it was shite. Just kidding - incredible piece of cinema from Nolan. Cant underestimate the input of Hans Zimmer either.

so when i go to see it am i allowed to then post about any historical inaccuracies i might find??

scoured the trailers to see if i could spot any but am impressed so far - all spits seem to have an oil cooler under only 1 wing which is always a good sign

Going to see it on imax at lunchtime at Bletchley. Bletchley Park is just round the corner so I might pop in afterwards if the film puts me in the mood.

so when i go to see it am i allowed to then post about any historical inaccuracies i might find??

scoured the trailers to see if i could spot any but am impressed so far - all spits seem to have an oil cooler under only 1 wing which is always a good sign
Yes please.
I'm a bit of a hawk on this too and none sprang immediately at me.

I seem to recall ages ago when they were making it that they got in trouble for ruining a real spitfire. Could be wrong though.

Enjoyed it although it felt like something was missing. No real character personality just a miss match of different events from a few days of the evacuation. That being said it was well made, acting was superb and haunting. Very desperate times. Our lass didn't notice but every now and again there was a ticking noise and it made me feel on edge and uncomfortable.

Seen it yesterday lunch time. Lump in the throat sort of stuff at the end. Great film, god knows what the poor lads must have went through.

Saw it last night. Not as good as I was expecting. Found it slow and confusing. Took me a bit to realise that they were doing same scene from different points of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back