Dunkirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very well written, directed, acted etc. The music created a feeling of tension and desperation (which must have been what it felt like a the time) and various supporting vignettes served to reinforce the atmosphere and create allegorical microcosms of the bigger picture and strategic situation.

I made that entire sentence up all on my own.

Excellent film

No superheroes or zombies.

I've been waiting to see this since it opened but I only found out today that my great granda was there and was amongst some of the last british soldiers to be evacuated. It's going to make watching it a lot harder than I thought it would be.

What I liked is the way they tell the same bit of story from different perspectives. Some British soldiers are in a fishing boat waiting for the tide to come in and wash out at sea and take them back to England. But it comes under a hail of bullets so when the boat floats and takes them out to see it is taking on water quickly and is sinking. You see that same bit of story from both the Spitfire pilots view, the view of the soldiers in the boat and also the people who are part of the flotilla.

I've been waiting to see this since it opened but I only found out today that my great granda was there and was amongst some of the last british soldiers to be evacuated. It's going to make watching it a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Tell us what you think, won't you?

Very tense. Absolutely gripping. A few wet eye moments. All in all probs my new favourite.

Metrocentre.....truly awe inspiring in IMAX. The sound of the German dive bombers will never leave me.

Soundtrack is Oscar certainty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back