Duke of York Plaque at the SOL.

May be we could compromise.

Leave the plaque where it is but cover it with a nice picture of the lads winning the Pizza Cup
Not covering it, but placed next to it. More appropriate given Andrew will forever be associated with pizza.

I would be against SAFC joining the "woke" brigade. He did SAFC this honour before the alleged offences, as the monarch's son. Is every poster on this board in the 100% nice/honest/god-fearing/non-pervert category? At present he has not been found guilty of anything, most experts are suggesting an out of court settlement (which is probably 90% guilty), just leave it for me. It's a plaque....end of.
I was indifferent until I read this now I'm all for it being removed, melted down and sold with the proceeds going to BLM.

I would be against SAFC joining the "woke" brigade. He did SAFC this honour before the alleged offences, as the monarch's son. Is every poster on this board in the 100% nice/honest/god-fearing/non-pervert category? At present he has not been found guilty of anything, most experts are suggesting an out of court settlement (which is probably 90% guilty), just leave it for me. It's a plaque....end of.
I’m far from a royalist, which is to say that I’d happily see the whole institution abolished.

That said, at the end of the day, whether the plaque is there or not, you can’t change the historical fact that he inaugurated the stadium. So for what it’s worth, it might as well stay there and people can look at it and comment upon it as they see fit.

The term Duke of York is now beyond the pale.

The initials used to literally be branded on Africans during the slave trade, but Andy might have shagged someone that would be legal age in this country so outrage. :lol:

Back