Dubai again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

No, they will earn at least minimum wage, have access to various benefits, healthcare and aren’t treat like third class citizens.
Our lads got more than minimum wage, health insurance, accommodation, food allowance, flights home and a pension of sorts

Did you even read that ? It starts by saying some twats have no idea how the other half live then goes on to explain how many do and try to help

No different to some twat guzzling champagne in Mayfair not appreciating how t,ought life is for someone in Sunderland depending on a food bank

Yes, main thing I took from it is how little workers are paid, £127 a month.

It’s more than they would mske at home so that’s ok.

Par for the course as to what we expected?

UAE legal system retains it's honour with a conviction and then a Grand Pooh Bah steps in to smooth everything over with a wave of his hand. A load of who-hah for nothing...until the next time...

The statement from the complainant & the coppers that attended seem to contradict what the bloke is saying, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.
I spend a few days there most years, it's where our Eastern hemisphere office is. I don't like the place personally but it's nowhere near as bad as some of these comments suggest. I wouldn't go there on holiday as it has nothing that appeals to me - I hate shopping malls and the drink is too expensive for a chap with my consumption levels.
Some of the new hotels they are knocking up in Oman look mint but I wouldn't want to holiday there either despite it being a far more relaxed place (and Muscat is decent for a visit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back