Drinking on your own

This time of year it's class, people watching staff Christmas nights out. A young lad in a tracksuit next to some old tart dressed age inappropriate next to fella who thinks he's the life and soul next to the geek who didn’t get the memo about no Christmas jumpers this year.

:lol::lol::lol:

I can think of the odd situation but otherwise its a big no.Drinking and bars is a social thing for me,few beers with mates .Done it in a hotel midweek with my tablet or a match on but its common to be on your own in them situations .Rather be home with a beer if i'm alone

I’m away on a training course for work and I’m thoroughly enjoying a couple of pints on my own just watching the world go by. I never ever get a minute to myself at home so I’m loving it to be honest.

Anyone a fan of drinking alone or is it considered a sad mans game?
It can be good, especially if you just browse the net with some music on.

Why does music sound so much f***ing better when you're having a drink?

I’m away on a training course for work and I’m thoroughly enjoying a couple of pints on my own just watching the world go by. I never ever get a minute to myself at home so I’m loving it to be honest.

Time to call it a night when you start arguing with yourself though;)

One of life's little pleasures, only enhanced by having a good book, or failing that the Sunday paper to read. Of course, anyone staring at their mobile device at the same time is a boring unutterable cunt.

sitting reading enjoying a pint or getting talking to a stranger and listening to stories, one of the things that makes life great.

People who drink to get drunk in the house on their own though are just in denial alcoholics.

sitting reading enjoying a pint or getting talking to a stranger and listening to stories, one of the things that makes life great.

People who drink to get drunk in the house on their own though are just in denial alcoholics.

Spot on
I’m currently sitting in the buvette drinking kronenbourgs at €1.50 a pop watching my lad doing his football training and talking shite to anyone who’ll listen.
All’s well with the world.

I did it once last year in Darlo on a Friday night when I went to see Cabbage and couldn't get anyone to go with me. I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb and got paranoid in case I saw someone I knew

Until I was in my late 20s I thought it was the behaviour of sad loners, then I went and did it one day through the week when I had the afternoon off and it was a revelation.

When I started working from home in the summer I realised I had a wealth of free time through the day when everyone was at work, and I'd be itching to get off to the pub most days. It's f***ing mint like.

There's been a few occasions recently when I've sacked off plans I've had because I couldn't be arsed to travel and just nipped down my local for a couple of hours on my jack.

Back