Drinking on your own

Discussion in 'SMB' started by TubeStationAt12, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Blyth_Pirate

Blyth_Pirate Full Back

Yep, it's quite nice a few beers on your Todd. Blokes that dance alone, now that is some weird shit.

2. Miserable bastard.

I am the same :lol:

Lambchops likes this.
  3. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

Now that is weird

4. TubeStationAt12

TubeStationAt12 Midfield

Aye, agreed. Different breed.

Blyth_Pirate likes this.
  5. Love it...

Spam Javelin likes this.
  6. Sir Humphrey

Sir Humphrey Midfield

Great when working away. Like it on holiday as well when Lady Humphrey (no!) and the bairns have turned in for the night, nothing better than a book and a pint to yourself.

jackpunch and Spam Javelin like this.
  7. It’s great, especially when working away from home.
    Love a quiet couple of pints , some tabs and watching the world go by.

8. RokerRye

RokerRye Goalkeeper

Worked away alot myself. Nothing better than sitting in the boozer by yasel during the week necking pints after work. Especially of there is a match on.

9. nyron4england

nyron4england Striker

Ffs I meant good :( I deserved that though mackney. Well played bro.

10. HoxtonMackem

HoxtonMackem Full Back

Always get to Kings Cross 45 mins/an hour before my train is due when travelling back up home (I hate rushing), chill in the pub and watch the world go by over a pint or two. Bliss.

11. Qwerty

Qwerty Winger

Not sad at all, sometimes it's good to have time to think. Would hate it if I had to do it all the time though.

12. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Midfield

Wew. Tribal.

13. bigmarlon

bigmarlon Central Defender

Drinking home alone is the first sign that you're an alcoholic. No offence intended, it's just a fact.

14. Willincity

Willincity Central Defender

I travel world wide and away from home between 60 to 70 nights a year on business.
    Oddly enough I rarely take a drink in airport lounges although its free because I'm on my own, but when in hotels I really do enjoy a few alone while trying desperately to avoid colleagues that you have spent all the working day with.

I always travel alone, ensuring I book my own flights with KLM rather than some dopey lass in the office doing it with BA so they can put Billy in the next seat to Jane for 12 hours to Singapore ……………. FFS there's nothing more depressing than travelling with "work mates" even on the short hops to A'dam etc.
    At home its a different matter, I rarely want to be on my own with a beer in a pub, nor in the house come to that, much prefer to share a drink with wife, family and friends...…... I suppose I meet the "want to be on my own" criteria while travelling.

Bottom line is, I agree with the OP, there nowt wrong with it in my book.

15. Discopants91

Discopants91 Striker

And if you're not alone?

16. Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom Striker

I'm a social drinker. Cannot see any point in drinking alone.

17. ned_werby

ned_werby Striker

So it's not just politics you talk shite about.....

nyron4england likes this.
  18. Rick O Shea

Rick O Shea Winger

Perfectly acceptable behaviour - particularly if you're away on business.

I don't have a problem having a drink at home (alone) - but it can be difficult usually because the missus (no) or the kids (grown up) are out which means they expect me do drive into town to pick them up. They don't like getting the night bus (which I can't understand either - it's a great way to get home after a good night out).

19. Willincity

Willincity Central Defender

I was in the Merchant Navy for many years and before any of the stringent Drug and Alcohol policies came in.
    What was pretty much frowned up on was individuals drinking behind closed doors on their own in their cabins.
    Having a drink with the cabin door open / curtain across was never an issue and accepted, a lad wants a beer on his own then that's fine but the closet drinkers onboard a ship was worrying.
    Bottles of sprits were generally duty free prices (under a fiver / lt) and if cabin fever ever to set in then jeepers creepers some really good guys went to rat-shit within a couple of weeks.
    Like everything else I guess with caution and moderation.

20. When you work away 100-150 days per year then sometimes it's nice to have 1 or 2 in your own company.