Drinking on your own

Discussion in 'SMB' started by TubeStationAt12, Dec 5, 2018.

1. TubeStationAt12

TubeStationAt12 Midfield

I’m away on a training course for work and I’m thoroughly enjoying a couple of pints on my own just watching the world go by. I never ever get a minute to myself at home so I’m loving it to be honest.

Anyone a fan of drinking alone or is it considered a sad mans game?

2. ajthemackem

ajthemackem Striker

Best thing in the world.

3. Lambchops

Lambchops Striker

Couple of pints after work with the paper or my tablet in peace before the missus and kids get in - absolute bliss

4. Or before work. Or during work. or middle of the night. ;):lol:

5. Its absolutely brilliant

I don’t like people very much sometimes.

bmp1970, Bishop Boy, The Rat and 11 others like this.
  6. Lambchops

Lambchops Striker

tbf I'm wfh today so did a bit 'email monitoring' from the pub between 9 and 10.30 :lol:

7. joemcdokes

joemcdokes Striker

If it's just for a pint whilst waiting for someone or a train or bus then it's fine, I couldn't go from pub to pub it just doesn't feel right somehow.

8. Lambchops

Lambchops Striker

Definitely the same the older I get

9. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Winger

It's excellent, no one else to think about when you fancy going somewhere, take a book or tablet.

Ideal before the other half gets home from work at the bank.

chunkylover53 likes this.
  10. TubeStationAt12

TubeStationAt12 Midfield

I’m of the same opinion. Like I say it’s very rare I get to enjoy my own company so this is a nice change. It’s a hotel bar as well so there’s been quite a bit going on in terms of people watching.

11. Spennymackem1981

Spennymackem1981 Midfield

I work away from home i drink most nights usually one of them on my OWN...wanking off to pictures of my lasses friends on instagram and generally having a Hoot of a time

12. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Winger

Bar staff ok with this?

Harbour Boy, NW10, The Rat and 15 others like this.
  13. Spennymackem1981

Spennymackem1981 Midfield

i go to LIDL and buy bottles of wine at £5 a pop rather then £4 a pint in the shit bars

14. I’m having a nice beer now.

Lambchops likes this.
  15. joemcdokes

joemcdokes Striker

Scratter.

Some Random Guy likes this.
  16. :lol:

17. Sgt Pepper

Sgt Pepper Striker

Wouldn’t want to do it all the time but there’s definitely a time and place where it’s class. I did it briefly on Saturday while getting some Christmas shopping in in town. I was finished getting what I needed but my lass had other stuff to do so I said I was going to go for a wander, went and found a pub with Soccer Saturday on and watched the second half scores come in with a pint in peace.

box2box likes this.
  18. Lambchops

Lambchops Striker

30 min for me

19. Ludwig

Ludwig Midfield Contributor

:lol::lol::lol: , like it :lol:

20. Carpets

Carpets Full Back

This time of year it's class, people watching staff Christmas nights out. A young lad in a tracksuit next to some old tart dressed age inappropriate next to fella who thinks he's the life and soul next to the geek who didn’t get the memo about no Christmas jumpers this year.

The Rat and box2box like this.