Drinking on your own

Discussion in 'SMB' started by TubeStationAt12, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Dave Herbal

Dave Herbal Striker

No, I’m not a fan. I never pop down the pub for a couple on my own. I either find someone to go out with or get a couple of beers and stay in with them. Why spend £7-8 in the pub when I can spend £3 and stay in? Then again, I live alone most of the time, so I don’t need to escape. Plus I’d rather abstain all week then go out and get mortal on a weekend instead.

What beers wouldn’t you drink on a session like? Do you mean strong ones? Surely the point of a session is to get pissed, which you can accelerate by drinking strong beers, no?
    Unless of course 4 pints of old smelly helmet leaves you gibbering in the floor.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Bishop Boy likes this.
  2. No choice in my job. I'm currently in a small town in Borneo, so have some beers after gym/badminton on my own at the house. Saying that, even when I'm in a city like Shanghai, Singapore, Manila etc I like to go out and bar hop, see if i can find a conversation, other times, usually Sunday afternoons, take out the iPad and settle down in one pub/bar on me own with an afternoon sesh.

3. cosmicchris00

cosmicchris00 Midfield

I quite often enjoy a couple of glasses of Rioja on me tod while the wife's at work and the kids are watching a film.

It's peaceful

4. duff_man

duff_man Striker

The SMB peter pan strikes again

5. James

James Striker

I'm not going on a session drinking DDH IPAs that are 9%. I'd be buckled by the third drink while everyone else eased themselves into the day.

6. The Rat

The Rat Winger

Yeah I do it lots

But then again I drink all the time

I enjoy it abroad

:lol: Same

7. Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom Striker

You go on a session and drink lemonade?

8. dangermows

dangermows Striker

:D

9. Dave Herbal

Dave Herbal Striker

Aye maybe 9% is a bit much.

I’m not talking about rolling about in the gutter here. There’s a sweet spot between about 8 and 20 units where everything is fun. That’s where you want your night to be.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  10. duff_man

duff_man Striker

Did I say that or are you doing your usual thing of making stuff up?

11. Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom Striker

From the bold, I assumed you don't need to get pissed on a session and if that is so, I assumed you drank non alcoholic drinks on said session.

Also, why is someone who thinks drinking is a social event insecure?

12. duff_man

duff_man Striker

I can happily go out and have a few drinks, going out doesn’t mean having to get mortal everytime, that’s a thing that people who haven’t grown up yet do.

Again making things up, it was your comment about connot see the point in drinking when you are on your own. This thread shows that it is a very common thing to do, generally people who don’t like it are insecure and need to be constantly in the presence of their peers.

13. Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom Striker

@Dave Herbal said session not a couple of drinks.
    So you were generalising when you reckoned I was insecure. I'm fine with that.

14. nyron4england

nyron4england Striker

are we still allowed to be macho for how much we drink or does that offend people now?

15. TubeStationAt12

TubeStationAt12 Midfield

Tell me how much you drink and I’ll tell you if I’m offended or not.

16. nyron4england

nyron4england Striker

i wasnt referring to me. was more in reference to this.

17. TubeStationAt12

TubeStationAt12 Midfield

Oh. I’m still offended fwiw.

18. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Good thread to separate those who like alcohol and those who just like to get pissed.

19. Can't do it in my local like, guaranteed the pub bore will plonk his fat arse down next to me whilst I'm trying the read the papers. It's fine when you're away from home but rarely do it at home.

20. Herberthall

Herberthall Central Defender

Haha you must be making eye contact, big mistake.