Drinking establishments on match days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzies still gets canny busy but not as busy as it was in the prem. Still the best pub in town for a bevvy.

Aye that’s where we go, as you say it still gets busy enough but not to the rammed levels it used to get especially down the bottom end where we can often get a table now as long as we get in before half 12 to 12.45. Wish they’d put a tele down that end though so you could watch the early kick off.

suppose it's different due to the err make up and drinking habits of the locals but loads of businesses have gone over by teh Boleyn, the pubs started shutting as soon as we got given the Olympic

Are the Central and Denmark Arms still going? Those were the two near the ground that we’d go in. Seems there’s fuck all around your new place though.

It’s likely to be symptomatic of the realisation that over consumption of alcoholic beverages is detrimental to one’s health and a strain on health services. Long term affects of drinking too much alcohol include wife beating, liver failure, debt and death.

More people nowadays are health and image conscious and are likely to spend leisure time at a gym, spa or IKEA. It’s how the world is changing post Brexit.

While I appreciate pubs will have taken a hit on match days, surely a business can’t rely on 20 odd days a season?

If those 20 days takings are ten times an average days takings, then its effectively 200 days and you can then see how it can tip a business over the line.

It’s likely to be symptomatic of the realisation that over consumption of alcoholic beverages is detrimental to one’s health and a strain on health services. Long term affects of drinking too much alcohol include wife beating, liver failure, debt and death.

More people nowadays are health and image conscious and are likely to spend leisure time at a gym, spa or IKEA. It’s how the world is changing post Brexit.

I agree that people will drink less post Brexit. It won't be a health choice though, its far more likely it will be that they just can't afford it;)

Last edited:
Are the Central and Denmark Arms still going? Those were the two near the ground that we’d go in. Seems there’s fuck all around your new place though.
The Central shut, but I think the Denmark arms is still open

I went over to Nathans pie and mash and the Boleyn for a few before a game not long ago

There plenty of pubs at Stratford around the high street but I do't think any are for away fans, there are bars and things near the ground too which have opened up and a whole square will be opening soon with bars and resturants

suppose it's different due to the err make up and drinking habits of the locals but loads of businesses have gone over by teh Boleyn, the pubs started shutting as soon as we got given the Olympic

you may have made money but it's not the money spinner you may thing

when we hired out the Boleyn for Haye v Chisora and a couple of other fights they only paid 50 grand

We have Rolling Stones, Foo Fighters and Jay-Z and Beyonce at London stadium this summer, the rent I believe is 100k a night

the biggest loss was the east ham working mans club , I was told that was shutting ??

The Central shut, but I think the Denmark arms is still open

I went over to Nathans pie and mash and the Boleyn for a few before a game not long ago

There plenty of pubs at Stratford around the high street but I do't think any are for away fans, there are bars and things near the ground too which have opened up and a whole square will be opening soon with bars and resturants

Shame, not that I’d ever go in again with the ground gone but The Central was the one I went in more than The Denmark Arms.

On our one and only visit to the new place we just stayed around central London/Hackney area pre match but did have a couple near the stadium after the match on a canal type boat that was done out with a bar and had seating around it.

Shame, not that I’d ever go in again with the ground gone but The Central was the one I went in more than The Denmark Arms.

On our one and only visit to the new place we just stayed around central London/Hackney area pre match but did have a couple near the stadium after the match on a canal type boat that was done out with a bar and had seating around it.
yeah a few of those boats have sprung up, one which sails (or whatever those barges do) around the stadium island full of pissheads

I also recently found that the bar at the Premier Inn at Stratford International is almost empty on matchdays asit's not visible from outside the hotel, right touch, as only a 5 min walk to ground

Aye that’s where we go, as you say it still gets busy enough but not to the rammed levels it used to get especially down the bottom end where we can often get a table now as long as we get in before half 12 to 12.45. Wish they’d put a tele down that end though so you could watch the early kick off.

Aye we go downstairs and get a seat there for the footie like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back