Drinking establishments on match days

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was speaking to the lass in the Terminus on Sarrada, and they are closing after the Wolves game, due to match days being quiet. These useless tw*ts being half arsed on the pitch don't think about people's livelihood.
Half of them on the pitch will just be thinking where they are playing next year

I only had a couple of pints at the Burton game, was absolutely starving and had a hankering for fish and chips. I went to sizzlers and was charged £8.00 for a frozen goldfish with frozen chips, f***ing robbing *****.

Fitzies still gets canny busy but not as busy as it was in the prem. Still the best pub in town for a bevvy.

This for me too. Nowhere near as busy as last season , or any PL season I’ve been in though. I can usually find a seat to scran my pre match Chicken Curry and Chips! Last season I’d have had no chance.

The Millview club used to put two buses on for every game. There's only been one on for a lot of the games this season.

Didn’t the club lose money on them? Typical of the complete joke of an executive the club has had over the last decade.
Don't know how, other grounds hold pop concerts no bother. We sell out no problem, yet we make a loss. There's a rotton core here, I tell ya.

While I appreciate pubs will have taken a hit on match days, surely a business can’t rely on 20 odd days a season?
suppose it's different due to the err make up and drinking habits of the locals but loads of businesses have gone over by teh Boleyn, the pubs started shutting as soon as we got given the Olympic

Don't know how, other grounds hold pop concerts no bother. We sell out no problem, yet we make a loss. There's a rotton core here, I tell ya.
you may have made money but it's not the money spinner you may thing

when we hired out the Boleyn for Haye v Chisora and a couple of other fights they only paid 50 grand

We have Rolling Stones, Foo Fighters and Jay-Z and Beyonce at London stadium this summer, the rent I believe is 100k a night

Last edited:
suppose it's different due to the err make up and drinking habits of the locals but loads of businesses have gone over by teh Boleyn, the pubs started shutting as soon as we got given the Olympic

you may have made money but it's not the money spinner you may thing

when we hired out the Boleyn for Haye v Chisora and a couple of other fights they only paid 50 grand

We have Rolling Stones, Foo Fighters and Jay-Z and Beyonce at London stadium this summer, the rent I believe is 100k a night
My, bet that was a knockout.;)

I drink in the Halfway House pre-match and it was almost empty on Saturday before the Burton game. Given that the pub is one of the closest to the ground other than the Colliery Tavern, I've noticed a steady decline in clientele for a few months now.
I go in the halfway house after the games it used to be chocka still gets a fair few in but no where as near the last few years

Obviously being in the PL will attract 40k attendances, meaning higher matchday revenue and a "busy day"for pubs around the area. Not being in the PL will have hit those pubs pretty hard I'd image given that attendances have almost halved in a year.

Dropping to L1 and 10k attendances will probably have a similar effect. Pubs will struggle.

Anyone know if the Colliery tavern is open earlier for the last game?

Failing that, are the Cooper Rose or Harbour View ok for away fans?

Last time we played you Fitzgeralds had plenty of Wolves in. No problems.

You'll be ok in just about every pub or club TBH.

Last edited:
Last time we played you Fitzgeralds had plenty of Wolves in. No problems.

You'll be ok in just about every pub or club TBH.
Cheers, been on a few drinking days out in the city centre but usually got my old man with me on a match day.

Just trying to find somewhere near the ground, the Colliery Tavern was fine the last few times but can’t find confirmation they’ll be opening earlier than usual.

Sorry if it’s been covered in the thread I’m on a slow phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back