Drinking establishments on match days

Evester

Midfield
It has been discussed on here about drop in revenue to the club on match days, however is anyone in the know or has discussions with breweries?

Obviously a lot of bars, pubs and restaurants will rely on match day trade and welcome big crowds on a Saturday but since crowds are likely to drop again, surely this will have an effect on businesses away from football in and around the City Centre?

I was speaking to the lass in the Terminus on Sarrada, and they are closing after the Wolves game, due to match days being quiet. These useless tw*ts being half arsed on the pitch don't think about people's livelihood.

It has been discussed on here about drop in revenue to the club on match days, however is anyone in the know or has discussions with breweries?

Obviously a lot of bars, pubs and restaurants will rely on match day trade and welcome big crowds on a Saturday but since crowds are likely to drop again, surely this will have an effect on businesses away from football in and around the City Centre?
I drink in the Harbour View before the game. Start of last season it was rammed by 1330 with no chance of a seat. This season its noticeably quieter, although still busy

I was speaking to the lass in the Terminus on Sarrada, and they are closing after the Wolves game, due to match days being quiet. These useless tw*ts being half arsed on the pitch don't think about people's livelihood.
Funny....but the butchers arms has shut too....
Both clarkys and allegedly its unpaid rent that i heard not takings

Funny....but the butchers arms has shut too....
Both clarkys and allegedly its unpaid rent that i heard not takings
I dunno, just what she was saying. That said, there was only around 5 people in at 2:40 which has got to be a first on a match day like. I suppose they go hand in hand; takings down could mean unpaid rent.

You just have to look around the pubs themselves an hour or so before kickoff.

We were in Sinatra's pre Norwich game and you'd hardly think there was a match on that night. Used to be very busy pre match.

Back