Donald Leaving Twitter (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always respected him for being open and honest, and when things have went well for us he's always been there on twitter.
However he has to take the rough with the smooth imo. Obviously it's going to throw even more doubt into people's minds this move.

It's a move he should of kept permanently, when he last took a break. The relationship is becoming beyond repair with the fans atm.

He chose to thrust himself into the limelight on twitter last season, things weren't always going to be rosy.
He shouldn’t have to take any sort of abuse, anyone who goes on there to abuse him are idiots
Come on mate, you can’t really believe that. The manner in which it was announced suggests the news could only have come from the club, it was a timed announcement and they both reported it as complete. In any event, he obviously doesn’t deserve abuse - but he does need to take a look in the mirror as to how this has all been handled.
You can’t believe that !! Why would a owner and business man announce something that wasn’t done !! He wouldn’t

Last edited:

Agreed. The statement on the SAFC page the other day may have had no updates but it's certainly the way a club of our size and it's Board of directors/chairman should be operating.
Correct, getting updates on the safc website is perfectly fine. I dont want to be a club comparable to Peterborough with their gobshite chairman. If we have genuine aspirations to be a premier league club again one day soon , then what's the harm acting like one now. With a bit of respect and dignity.

Some fans have been a disgrace lately, most of the time with very little info. Yes theyve made some mistakes with the way info has leaked but he has not deserved to be crucified the way he has. Hes tried keep fans as up to date as he is legally allowed by NDA’s yet all he gets is stick.

I'm not on twitter so I don't see the comments (from both sides) but can you tell me what other chairman/owner of a largely supported and relatively big club is on social media like he is?

I'm sure he must have agreed to it, but it wasnt him who leaked it.

If he agreed to it then there’s really little difference. If it was so far from being complete, as it now seems it was, there shouldn’t have even been a suggestion of it being ‘leaked’ in the way it was

He shouldn’t have to take any sort of abuse, anyone who goes on there to abuse him are idiots

You can’t believe that !! Why would a owner and business man announce something that wasn’t done !! He wouldn’t

I mean, you’re ignoring all the perfectly valid points about how the ‘announcement’ took place, but ok.

If he agreed to it then there’s really little difference. If it was so far from being complete, as it now seems it was, there shouldn’t have even been a suggestion of it being ‘leaked’ in the way it was
This is the bottom line really, and makes our board look incredibly amateurish.

There are no valid points about the announcement ! Nobody from the club has announced anything, the fanzines decided to go with it before anything has even happened

Yep - I’m sure they both pulled it out of thin air at precisely the same time and with absolute certainty. Given, after all, that RR themselves have referred to running things by Stewart from time to time, it seems very likely they took such a punt on an unverified source, doesn’t it.

It's not a conspiracy theory. It's a guess. And I make no apologies for that. I also hope you're right, I would absolutely love it if it was as innocent as you say it is. I get out enough fine thanks, how about you? Do you want to be a dick about this or do you want to debate reasonably with someone who has a differing opinion to yours?
He’s coming off it because the abuse he gets everytime a article comes out, the latest sun article he’s already rubbished according to another poster on here. SD Twitter has gone now so can’t read it

Yep - I’m sure they both pulled it out of thin air at precisely the same time and with absolute certainty. Given, after all, that RR themselves have referred to running things by Stewart from time to time, it seems very likely they took such a punt on an unverified source, doesn’t it.
I’m sorry but if you believe that then I give up, SD has barely said anything during this whole takeover : investment thing so he ain’t going to give the go ahead got them to say it’s done
Your guess is as good as mine.
Somebody has already posted what he said

I’m sorry but if you believe that then I give up, SD has barely said anything during this whole takeover : investment thing so he ain’t going to give the go ahead got them to say it’s done

Well, I’m not going to try and change your mind mate. I’m sure we will see in the fullness of time.

The last time he left twitter i am sure he said his family had been threatened. Surely the police could have found out who had done this but nothing more was said about this. Anyone hear anything more about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back