Domestic violence.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police can only do so much. It is often a he said she said.
What if they have no support near them, their work, their school?

Possible because that's how bullies work, they damage your support mechanism for their own ends. In that scenario, they need to find it from within themselves because the alternative is possibly not seeing the year through and then what do your children do.

Possible because that's how bullies work, they damage your support mechanism for their own ends. In that scenario, they need to find it from within themselves because the alternative is possibly not seeing the year through and then what do your children do.
I know so they stay and try and pacify the abuser and keep their child safe while they try and work out a f***ing escape route.

Reading all this terrifies me what with having my own daughter and all that. I remember reading of a case where a woman was trapped in the most awful way. She was also a solicitor but it didn’t make any difference. She was a shell of her former self ground down over the years.
I talk a lot to my daughter and this has come up. It seems a lot can change or the true arsehole comes out when a child enters the relationship. The bloke feels like they have more control as the ‘breadwinner’ versus the housewife. Then there are the more extreme cases like those mentioned on here.
There are a lot of people read and contribute to this board. Statistically surely, there will be someone on here who is this abusive person. About to assault his other half. Tonight.
If so I f***ing hate you and everything you do, you weak minded insecure piece of f***ing shit.

A lot of female control freaks and bullies too nowadays a few mates of mine terrified of their significant others. No-one should hit anyone

This. The amount of times over the years on this forum blokes saying their wives make their lives hell day and night, nagging, belittling, bossed about, told not to sit on certain seats/cushions or make "untidy" or use certain rooms in houses they pay for, no say in whats on the telly, not allowed to have their stuff about the house, not allowed mates round, not allowed out. Really sad.

Reading all this terrifies me what with having my own daughter and all that. I remember reading of a case where a woman was trapped in the most awful way. She was also a solicitor but it didn’t make any difference. She was a shell of her former self ground down over the years.
I talk a lot to my daughter and this has come up. It seems a lot can change or the true arsehole comes out when a child enters the relationship. The bloke feels like they have more control as the ‘breadwinner’ versus the housewife. Then there are the more extreme cases like those mentioned on here.
There are a lot of people read and contribute to this board. Statistically surely, there will be someone on here who is this abusive person. About to assault his other half. Tonight.
If so I f***ing hate you and everything you do, you weak minded insecure piece of f***ing shit.

I think the most important thing is that your daughter feels able to talk to you mate and credit to you for talking to her about such things, it's vital she has someone to turn to if it ever did happen (touch wood it doesn't).

In my friend's case the first time she was ever abused by her ex was the night she told him she was pregnant with their first child. I can't begin to imagine how she felt expecting him to be incredibly happy when she delivered that news only to then be assaulted.

And i completely agree with your last sentence. Utterly pathetic, cowardly scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back