Dogs on Beds

Scratter behaviour imo there ,I've done a bit of work in peoples houses who let dags on the bed and the smell is lifting . nine times out of ten it's the same folk who leave dirty dishes out ,have claes piled on the exercise bike that they've used about twice and sit on their backside on the manky sofa instead of doing a bit of house work there
That’s me. I’m minging. Sorry :oops:

Last edited:

Dods should always be at floor level. Once they start sitting on chairs,beds they start to think they are as large as the owner (sounds daft but) .These usually end up as problem dogs who will growl and snap to stay on furniture.All the dogs i have ever owned and bred ever NEVER were allowed on furniture or even made it up the stairs to a bedroom.

All dogs that go on furniture growl and snap 🤣. Nowt like a sweeping generalisation there mate.

mine not allowed on the bed for hygienereasons although one does tend to come and jump on me in the morning when he wants to be let out. Both (German Shepherds) are allowed on the sofa and chair - no reason why not as the furnitures been trashed by them anyway.

All dogs that go on furniture growl and snap 🤣. Nowt like a sweeping generalisation there mate.

mine not allowed on the bed for hygienereasons although one does tend to come and jump on me in the morning when he wants to be let out. Both (German Shepherds) are allowed on the sofa and chair - no reason why not as the furnitures been trashed by them anyway.
Pics of the GSD's please.😁😁😁

Dods should always be at floor level. Once they start sitting on chairs,beds they start to think they are as large as the owner (sounds daft but) .These usually end up as problem dogs who will growl and snap to stay on furniture.All the dogs i have ever owned and bred ever NEVER were allowed on furniture or even made it up the stairs to a bedroom.
What breed do you have, or bred marra?

Looking after a friends Cockapoo for a few days (he’s a right nutter) on a night time we let him sleep on the landing but he keeps wanting to be on top of the bed.
We refuse to let him on for hygiene reasons - am I being mean or is it only stinkers who never wash their bedsheets who let their pets do this?
The main point here is Cockapoo😂

English Setters , Orange Belton . Blue Belton.Had in past German Sheperd, Spinger Spaniel and Pointer .
Well with that history, you have a huge amount of experience, with some breeds I know, have owned or bred too.
Which is what makes your statement about snapping etc even more perplexing.
Springers are one of the most placid, intelligent and loving animals you could ever wish to meet. If you have got one of those to the point of snapping marra, you need to look to yourself first. It's certainly not him or her being allowed on the sofa that has created that.
German Shepherds are my first love as a dog, and the first I bred from, following my Fathers example of 40 years. People need to know the breed and where they feel they fit in to your pack. They are different to most breeds in where they see themselves.
Most dogs see adults as alpha male and female, then slot in to the pack with the kids.
GSD's see Alpha male, then them. Above the alpha female and kids. It is the way they are wired up. They are a special breed of dog, and way too clever for most of their owners, but not intrinsically aggressive. They are a sheep dog. Any aggression is not nature, it is nurtured.
Be aware of that, and treat them accordingly, and you are fine.

I have never had a snappy, or nasty dog in my life, so I really don't know what you are doing if that is your experience marra.

Back