Dogs on Beds

Dog beds exist for a reason. My two share the largest dog bed in the world.

Don't mistake dogs for humans. They have their own desires and their own emotional needs and wants, which are not the same as a person's.
Surely if they want to be on the bed that’s what they want?
My dog doesn’t Kip on the bed like.
Bit weird people don’t let them on the furniture, unless they massive and take up all the space

Surely if they want to be on the bed that’s what they want?
My dog doesn’t Kip on the bed like.
Bit weird people don’t let them on the furniture, unless they massive and take up all the space
Wants versus needs. My toddler wants ice cream at every meal. One of my dogs wants to be on the bed sometimes at night, but it interferes with my ability to sleep because he's the size of a small horse.

I'm the one funding said bed and said occasional ice cream. It's my house, and occasionally my opinions do actually matter.

Last edited:
Got a cockapoo, sleeps at the bottom of the bed. She’s canny small so isn’t much of an issue, goes on the sofa, doesn’t leave hair all over. Spent half the day today on my knee while I’ve been at work. Wouldn’t change her for the world, she’s class.
Got to say I’m surprised that the Cockapoo hardly sheds a thing and they certainly don’t stink as much as most other dogs

As long as you and your boyfriend are not having sex in front of the dog or in anyway involving the dog in any sex act I do not see an issue.

Looking after a friends Cockapoo for a few days (he’s a right nutter) on a night time we let him sleep on the landing but he keeps wanting to be on top of the bed.
We refuse to let him on for hygiene reasons - am I being mean or is it only stinkers who never wash their bedsheets who let their pets do this?
Dods should always be at floor level. Once they start sitting on chairs,beds they start to think they are as large as the owner (sounds daft but) .These usually end up as problem dogs who will growl and snap to stay on furniture.All the dogs i have ever owned and bred ever NEVER were allowed on furniture or even made it up the stairs to a bedroom.

Looking after a friends Cockapoo for a few days (he’s a right nutter) on a night time we let him sleep on the landing but he keeps wanting to be on top of the bed.
We refuse to let him on for hygiene reasons - am I being mean or is it only stinkers who never wash their bedsheets who let their pets do this?

Only scruffs have animals in beds with them, disgusting behaviour

Back