Dogs on Beds

Dods should always be at floor level. Once they start sitting on chairs,beds they start to think they are as large as the owner (sounds daft but) .These usually end up as problem dogs who will growl and snap to stay on furniture.All the dogs i have ever owned and bred ever NEVER were allowed on furniture or even made it up the stairs to a bedroom.

I spend most of my time on his level cuddling him.
This one is just soft, never growls or snaps. He does bark in the house but wants an excuse to go round the neighbours, or see the binmen, posties and delivery drivers.
Just have to be careful with Spaniels though as he is bloody obsessed with them. Starts prodding them which is funny to watch.

I’m not a scratter (although I was brought up in Washington) and my labradoodle (no) gets on the foot of the bed at night. He’s smart as fuck, gets off when he gets too hot and then back on when he gets cold.

He’s brilliant. My favourite child.

Depends what part of Washington will determine your level of scratterness

My cocker spaniel had her own bed in the bedroom and she'd stay there all night. She used to get up onto the bed between 5:30 and 6am, which i didn't mind as my alarm was always set for 6am so i was usually half awake anyway.

And another thing while we’re on about fur babies and hollibobs.

There are a number of dog breeds as recognised by the Westminster and the American Kennel Clubs. I don’t believe there is such a breed as labradoodle and cockapoo. If they’re not a recognised breed then they’re a mongrel. Don’t try and make up some bullshit non existent breed. Your dog is a mongrel get over it.

Not a chance ours got on the bed when she was alive. They are hieracal and if they think they are equal it can lead to bad behaviour etc. Whoever got home from work first it was always greet the human first and then the dog however much she wagged and jumped up. As much as we love them and they are a part of us they still need to know their place in the ranks.
And another thing while we’re on about fur babies and hollibobs.

There are a number of dog breeds as recognised by the Westminster and the American Kennel Clubs. I don’t believe there is such a breed as labradoodle and cockapoo. If they’re not a recognised breed then they’re a mongrel. Don’t try and make up some bullshit non existent breed. Your dog is a mongrel get over it.
Current term for a mongrel is crossbreed. Dogs have gone woke too man ffs

Last edited:
Not a chance ours got on the bed when she was alive. They are hieracal and if they think they are equal it can lead to bad behaviour etc. Whoever got home from work first it was always greet the human first and then the dog however much she wagged and jumped up. As much as we love them and they are a part of us they still need to know their place in the ranks.

Current term for a mongrel is crossbreed. Dogs have gone woke too man ffs
My dog isn’t equal she’s the boss. I’m a slave to her need for belly rubs 🤩

I was seeing a girl who used to let her dog sleep on her bed. After doing the squelchy I showered the next morning and I looked like I’d been rolling on the floor of a hairdressers.

Back