Dogs on Beds

Looking after a friends Cockapoo for a few days (he’s a right nutter) on a night time we let him sleep on the landing but he keeps wanting to be on top of the bed.
We refuse to let him on for hygiene reasons - am I being mean or is it only stinkers who never wash their bedsheets who let their pets do this?
My dog sleeps on my bed and I wouldn’t change it. I even love her snoring.

I’d have nowt against my own dog sleeping at the bottom of my bed but letting someone else’s dog sleep in your bed is a bit weird.

Plenty of people let their dogs and cats sleep on the bed. Not the most hygienic habit. We let the cats access to our beds, daytime only. Night-time they sleep in the kitchen. But people make all sorts of hygiene allowances for their pets that they maybe shouldn't.

I've got a 6 month old Working Cocker and it's hard enough keeping him off the sofa on an evening let alone the bed.

He's also got into a real habit at the moment of eating practically anything he finds on the street. Any suggestions about getting him out this habit would be most welcome. Treats don't do the trick.

Looking after a friends Cockapoo for a few days (he’s a right nutter) on a night time we let him sleep on the landing but he keeps wanting to be on top of the bed.
We refuse to let him on for hygiene reasons - am I being mean or is it only stinkers who never wash their bedsheets who let their pets do this?
Morons who have only discovered dogs in adult life and who see dogs as substitutes for kids.

I've got a 6 month old Working Cocker and it's hard enough keeping him off the sofa on an evening let alone the bed.

He's also got into a real habit at the moment of eating practically anything he finds on the street. Any suggestions about getting him out this habit would be most welcome. Treats don't do the trick.
My beagle did that. Loved tabs and chewing gum. Seems to have out grown it now. I don’t think the bollockings really worked

But if I am at the pub she still eyes the tabs up.

My beagle did that. Loved tabs and chewing gum. Seems to have out grown it now. I don’t think the bollockings really worked

But if I am at the pub she still eyes the tabs up.
Yeah Todd is less bothered about tabs, it seems to be more things he really shouldnt be eating like acorns.

Lost count on the number of times I've to stop him eating acorns or toadstools. Hopefully he grows out of it as you say

Dogs on beds/sofas is proper scratter behaviour
This.
Our hound is not allowed upstairs and not allowed on the furniture. She has her own bed but mostly prefers to lie on the cool tiled floor.
Dogs are pack animals and need to know their place in the pack. Letting them up on the settee or bed gets them thinking they’re on an equal plane to me - the alpha!
Hound - know your place! No livestock in the bed!
Ours sleeps downstairs , has run of the house down there but not starting that bollocks of letting him upstairs to sleep at night , even more so on your bed
This

Yeah Todd is less bothered about tabs, it seems to be more things he really shouldnt be eating like acorns.

Lost count on the number of times I've to stop him eating acorns or toadstools. Hopefully he grows out of it as you say
Beagles are greedy shites. But I did find offering her breakfast before her walk sometimes helped the scavenging.

Still loves to put her head in a bag of crisps or discarded takeaway mind

Dog beds exist for a reason. My two share the largest dog bed in the world.

Don't mistake dogs for humans. They have their own desires and their own emotional needs and wants, which are not the same as a person's.

Back