Does this offend you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clusterfuck from beginning to end this one.
The person who used the term is an idiot and probably deserves a harsher punishment.
That said, in an adult working environment, I would expect the offended person to tell the guy it's not acceptable language in the workplace, and to stop using the term.
If he were to continue, then it could be escalated up the management chain, rather than running straight to the teacher to tell tales.
Nobody knows if this is actually what happened but it fits with a simplistic and childish view of the world. Maybe the OP works for the Race Relations Board and it was vital to report the dolt?

Very little offends me to be honest, but then again my heritage is such that people of my ethnic background haven't suffered historic abuse due to colour or religion... however I take exception when people think I am a Mag because of my North Eastern accent.

doesnt offend me...but it shows what an ignorant kernt the fella is

maybe he should try acting like a grown up once in a while

I like idea when the racist goes for his next job:
"I see you were dismissed from your last employment, why was that?"
"Nowt much - just was chatting to this lad and told him I didn't like The Gambia as it was full of darkies"
"Hmm. I see nowt wrang with that marra, not offended at all - here take this new job and carry on making unsavoury remarks that will bring you, me and the company into disrepute"

I could understand if a black person was present, but i know one thing. Some people off here, wouldn't last 2 minutes at some of the places i have worked, if they take offence so much, and i don't mean racist comments. Just hardcore ripping the piss out of each other :lol:

It's a generic British pub, that's not in Britain. If you want that, you might as well stay at home and put the heating on.
You go somewhere else to experience new things, otherwise, what's the point?
Maybe to just go to a pub where people don't get offended easily. If i go go away i normally like to have a week of relaxing, away from the shit , and stress of work. If someone wants to fly kites blindfolded at the top of a mountain, or something, fair play. At the same time, if someone wants a bit of sun, and a drink throughout the day, or whatever, then fair play to them as well. I don't see the problem, unless they acting like cocks and affecting someone elses holiday

Last edited:
That comment is bang out of line for the 21st century.
I suspect the person who said it probably goes to Benidorm and sits in The Red Lion. Assuming of course they've actually allowed out of the country.
Racist prick
What's wrang with Benidorm like you stuck up little runt?

Similar to the bell end I just overheard saying 'whey, gollywog, its just slang innit.......its just slang y'know what I mean?'

Anyone knows what he means?

I'm not offended but I do worry about education sometimes in this country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back