Does this offend you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty 1978

Striker
Sat at work today on about the situation in Gambia, I mentioned that a mate of mine was on holiday there at the minute and was getting flown back today, one lad pipes up and says "don't know why people go to these third world "darkie" countries" somebody didn't like the comment and shopped him to the management, he ended up with a verbal warning over using racist words

Sat at work today on about the situation in Gambia, I mentioned that a mate of mine was on holiday there at the minute and was getting flown back today, one lad pipes up and says "don't know why people go to these third world "darkie" countries" somebody didn't like the comment and shopped him to the management, he ended up with a verbal warning over using racist words
Would be surprised if I heard it at work like

And if the kid who reported it claims it 'offended' them, and they are white, then they need to have a serious word with themselves

offend me - no

surprised he got a warning - no

is the bloke an idiot for using words like that in the workplace - yes

Stupid f***ing thing to say in a work environment. Deserves a verbal warning for being a thick knacker. :lol:

sounds ridiculous (and probably shouldn't be this way) but it depends on your profession imo. If you're a copper, sat in a patrol car and you come out with a statement like that then you'd be out of a job pretty quickly. If you're a taxi driver sat on the rank chatting with your mate parked up behind you then it probably wouldn't even cause a 2nd thought. :confused:

shouldn't be used in the workplace full stop though. That type of craic belongs in the 50s. Embarrassing patter. Not convinced I'd grass on anyone using it but I'd rest assured that I'm living in modern times and I'm aware that it's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back