Does Pritchard do enough at this level?

Yes hes a good player. The team will always evolve as we get better but the stick he gets from a minority on here is disgraceful in my opinion. He's skilful, has great heart and is usually at the heart of everything we do. His assists may not be up there but many goals we score he has been at the heart of the move. Good player and does look better still when there is a focal point up front.

Good player, but I think he'll be replaced in the summer.

Against Huddersfield where he continued his run the into the box for his goal, he doesn't do enough of and when playing in the position he does. He'll ultimately be judged on goals and assists.

Kind of reminds me of when Malbranque played for us. Talented lad and was great to watch, yet his goals and assists were surprising low for such an attacking player.

He blows hot and cold for me personally. One minute he's a world beater, then next he's anonymous as.

We seem to have had a few of these in the last few seasons.

He blows hot and cold for me personally. One minute he's a world beater, then next he's anonymous as.

We seem to have had a few of these in the last few seasons.
Even when he's not getting assists/scoring he's still grafting his balls off for the team and involved in key passes. I think anonymous is a bit unfair and to suggest he's anything like players we've had in the last few seasons is absurd.

I don’t think he’s been quite at the level he was last season, but I don’t like him not being in the team.
His experience along with Batth and Evans is vital in our young and inexperienced squad, plus regardless of how he’s playing he always puts a helluva shift in.

I know. :lol:

Never seen him as a world beater personally.

I mean he can be unplayable at times, and tear other teams apart. But perhaps like Roberts, he needs a club to show they want to keep hold of him for the long run rather than what he has had recently. Most he's been at a club recently is two seasons max.

Does that hint at his unpredictability? I'd like to keep hold of him but I am not sure he fits into our long term objectives. Just my two pennerth worth.

I mean he can be unplayable at times, and tear other teams apart. But perhaps like Roberts, he needs a club to show they want to keep hold of him for the long run rather than what he has had recently. Most he's been at a club recently is two seasons max.

Does that hint at his unpredictability? I'd like to keep hold of him but I am not sure he fits into our long term objectives. Just my two pennerth worth.
Sorry mate, but i've never thought of Pritchard as unplayable.

I said he was quality in the initial post. I'm just asking if people think he should do more, not saying that's what he should be doing. Hardly ridiculous given there's three pages of decent discussion about it.
Chill out marra. Think back to the Cardiff game when he wasn't playing. Totally rudderless without him & Evans. Do think he is a lot more effective however when Stewart is in the team. They seem to play off each other. That's only my humble opinion 😌

Chill out marra. Think back to the Cardiff game when he wasn't playing. Totally rudderless without him & Evans. Do think he is a lot more effective however when Stewart is in the team. They seem to play off each other. That's only my humble opinion 😌
Haha tbf matey you were the one who came in saying it was a ridiculous thread, which would naturally aim to incite a reply I can imagine. To re-iterate, I think he is class and a pivotal player within our squad, my point is not that he is poor and should do more hence, drop him. My point is that, given he was getting quite alot of assists and the occasional goal for norwich, does he not have the ability to be doing a little more in our team given the talent/attacking philosophy we have.

Plays well in the space behind one or two strikers and links well with them and players getting past or around him. This season he's even been played as one himself, wide etc. Difficult to judge at the moment.

He needs a good striker around him and he’ll be twice as effective. His work rate alone is worth his starting place. If he’s got a decent striker playing off the last defender he’ll get assists in this league and above.

Needs to practice his free kicks a bit more kind. Diallo should take them from now on imo.

Last edited:

Back