Does Pritchard do enough at this level?

People who rely purely on goals and assists need to just watch the game more. He got an assist at Wembley for a piss poor touch that went behind him in a dangerous position inside his own half 70 yards from their goal and would have been intercepted had Embleton not been on the move. He got an assist for a simple five yard ball to Stewart on the edge of the box. He didn't get an assist for one of the best crosses you'll have seen that season when he put it right on Ross Stewart's head unmarked on the edge of the six yard box because Stewart missed a sitter.

This season he didn't get an assist for Diallo's goal against Burnley where he beat three men and laid it off to Clarke who then played a simple ball to Diallo, didn't get an assist when he pushed forward and drove with the ball against QPR because the defender got the last touch when it bounced through to Simms, didn't get an assist when Batth missed a sitter from his free kick against Rotherham, didn't get an assist when Batth hit the post from his free kick against Luton, didn't get an assist when Simms hit the post from his corner against Norwich, didn't get an assist when he played in Simms and he put it past the near post at Stoke, didn't get an assist when the Blackpool keeper made a great save early on from Clarke.

He does more than enough going forward in this team. Just watch the game, it's not that hard to see.
If people watched the game in the way you’re describing they would have very different opinions on certain players.

Dele Alli was a prime example.

Probably admit himself he needs more goals and assists this season. Can’t fault his work rate though. High pressing is superb.
I'm sure he'd love to add more goals but his role in the team has changed massively since we lost Stewart. He's our creator and terrier; going forward he links up the play and defensively doesn't give the opponents time to play their game. For a guy of his size he's not shy in putting it about & I think he's doing a great job as our "water carrier". We need intelligence out there as well as attacking talent.

I think it showed when he was out of the team v Cardiff how crucial he is to the high press. Between him and Stewart is where the intensity of the press is usually dictated. Evans is also a crucial component to this once the first line is broken

While goals and assists are obviously important stats, people focus on these too much in some instances. Look at some of the greats over the years - Drogba, Scholes, Giggs etc. Their stats sometimes look quite poor compared to arguably lesser players these days

I'm sure he'd love to add more goals but his role in the team has changed massively since we lost Stewart. He's our creator and terrier; going forward he links up the play and defensively doesn't give the opponents time to play their game. For a guy of his size he's not shy in putting it about & I think he's doing a great job as our "water carrier". We need intelligence out there as well as attacking talent.
Think we need more end product especially when our CMS get very little goals

Much like Evans, you see how much we miss him when he's not in the side.
This, was suicidal for Mowbray to drop/rest them both against Cardiff & both were instrumental in our win once restored at Birmingham. I think as someone else said he'll be disappointed in himself that he hasn't contributed to more goals but i can't think of many, if any games this season where he hasn't looked one of the better players on the pitch, opposition included.

Around 10 Pritchard threads in the last 3 weeks show opinion is a bit divided, but yes, most believe he is an important part of the side and contributes massively to both defence and attack.

This, was suicidal for Mowbray to drop/rest them both against Cardiff & both were instrumental in our win once restored at Birmingham. I think as someone else said he'll be disappointed in himself that he hasn't contributed to more goals but i can't think of many, if any games this season where he hasn't looked one of the better players on the pitch, opposition included.
100%. The people who actually want him dropped blow me away. If you can’t see what he brings to the team then I give up.

I don't think we have a better on the ball than Pritchard. He can certainly do better with set-pieces and seems to be an easy fix if he fancies practicing a bit more.

People who rely purely on goals and assists need to just watch the game more. He got an assist at Wembley for a piss poor touch that went behind him in a dangerous position inside his own half 70 yards from their goal and would have been intercepted had Embleton not been on the move. He got an assist for a simple five yard ball to Stewart on the edge of the box. He didn't get an assist for one of the best crosses you'll have seen that season when he put it right on Ross Stewart's head unmarked on the edge of the six yard box because Stewart missed a sitter.

This season he didn't get an assist for Diallo's goal against Burnley where he beat three men and laid it off to Clarke who then played a simple ball to Diallo, didn't get an assist when he pushed forward and drove with the ball against QPR because the defender got the last touch when it bounced through to Simms, didn't get an assist when Batth missed a sitter from his free kick against Rotherham, didn't get an assist when Batth hit the post from his free kick against Luton, didn't get an assist when Simms hit the post from his corner against Norwich, didn't get an assist when he played in Simms and he put it past the near post at Stoke, didn't get an assist when the Blackpool keeper made a great save early on from Clarke.

He does more than enough going forward in this team. Just watch the game, it's not that hard to see.
Sounds like his xA stats would be amazing!

He could add more goals and assists to his game. There is room for improvement there but it's not all about that. He sets our press, intensity and tempo with his work rate. And while it's not always him making the final pass and getting the assist on the stats he plays a crucial role in the build up to the majority of our good attacking play. He's a massive miss when he isn't in the side, Cardiff game proved that.

Back