Does Pritchard do enough at this level?

Leake Makem

Midfield
Somewhat randomly came across this video on Youtube and the bulk of the highlights are assists/goals in the championship of which there are many.

I know he had his injury problems and career issues but given what he was like at this level, should we be expecting a little more from him?

P.S I must say I think he's been absolutely class for us and his quality really shows but just asking the question if he could level up...

People who rely purely on goals and assists need to just watch the game more. He got an assist at Wembley for a piss poor touch that went behind him in a dangerous position inside his own half 70 yards from their goal and would have been intercepted had Embleton not been on the move. He got an assist for a simple five yard ball to Stewart on the edge of the box. He didn't get an assist for one of the best crosses you'll have seen that season when he put it right on Ross Stewart's head unmarked on the edge of the six yard box because Stewart missed a sitter.

This season he didn't get an assist for Diallo's goal against Burnley where he beat three men and laid it off to Clarke who then played a simple ball to Diallo, didn't get an assist when he pushed forward and drove with the ball against QPR because the defender got the last touch when it bounced through to Simms, didn't get an assist when Batth missed a sitter from his free kick against Rotherham, didn't get an assist when Batth hit the post from his free kick against Luton, didn't get an assist when Simms hit the post from his corner against Norwich, didn't get an assist when he played in Simms and he put it past the near post at Stoke, didn't get an assist when the Blackpool keeper made a great save early on from Clarke.

He does more than enough going forward in this team. Just watch the game, it's not that hard to see.

Back