Does anyone live in Pennywell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

We all went to Broadway mate, we were the posh ones from Pennywell;)

Sounds strange now but very true. When my mam got the house there, we were in Tuscan Road at the time around 76 she was over the moon.

Pretty sure a lass I knarr called Sharon Begg went to Broadway. Rest of her siblings went to Pennywell for some reason though.

Went to Bede and used to have to pass broadway school every day

Oh and I forgot we were all together in Benalmadena a few year back when we got promoted.

I was there, Lighthouse pub rings a bell :)

I sit with Mart at the match, have done for over 20 odd years.

Knew he niver went to the Comp. Used to be into cars from a young age and knew him through a mate who was into them anarl. Pretty sure he was seeing a lass called Angie who I used to gan to school with. It was 20-odd year ago mind.

He went to Broadway with me mate. Yeah him and Ang had a bairn who'll be in his mid 20's by now.

Hello, I am new to the forums and wondering if any of you fine ladies and gentlemen can help me? Me and my hubby and children want to move house. We are currently in Low Ford (though as close to high ford as you can get) and we want to move into a bigger house. Atm our house is too small for our needs, we went to view one up Pennycross road (opp pennycross square) which I fell in love with, however I'm a bit wary of moving up there as it has a bad reputation.
My question is, what is the area like? We are very quiet people, just want to go about our lives with no trouble. My main worry is whether my car would be safe, although its an old car, its my only mode of transport and need it for work and could not afford to replace it.
Also can anyone vouch for any other areas in Pennywell (the closer to Ford the better)? The reason we want Pennywell is the houses are so big compared to ours, and can't move too far due to needing to be close to an elderly relative.
Thanks and looking forward to taking part in more discussions on here :)

Move in next to Suzi and I here in Southwick. With Suzis' Mother next door you will never go hungry. She can feed us all with bread and fishes.

Hello, I am new to the forums and wondering if any of you fine ladies and gentlemen can help me? Me and my hubby and children want to move house. We are currently in Low Ford (though as close to high ford as you can get) and we want to move into a bigger house. Atm our house is too small for our needs, we went to view one up Pennycross road (opp pennycross square) which I fell in love with, however I'm a bit wary of moving up there as it has a bad reputation.
My question is, what is the area like? We are very quiet people, just want to go about our lives with no trouble. My main worry is whether my car would be safe, although its an old car, its my only mode of transport and need it for work and could not afford to replace it.
Also can anyone vouch for any other areas in Pennywell (the closer to Ford the better)? The reason we want Pennywell is the houses are so big compared to ours, and can't move too far due to needing to be close to an elderly relative.
Thanks and looking forward to taking part in more discussions on here :)

:lol:

I went to Pennywell with one of the brothers in the early 1980's so he could get some smoke. I had lived in some rough holes and seen some very rough places but Pennywell was right up there as far as dodgy, rough places were concerned, bits of it were like Hamsterdam from The Wire !! I was left to guard the car for the five minutes it took and was relieved when we got out without incident. It sounds like it has changed a lot.
One of my best mates was from Pennywell and he wouldn't have anything good said about it.

Logon or register to see this image

"I'm off for some weed Mat, don't let the ruffians near the automobile"

Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back