Does anyone live in Pennywell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit like people who live in hylton lane and say they live in nook side when in fact nook side is only one road.
It's pennywell mate

Once you close your front door you could be anyware.The odd people sitting on there doorsteps having a drink in the summer otherwise it's fine man

Nookside is more than just one road

I live in Havelock park which definately isn't pennywell but its on my doorstep. Nee trouble apart from that knifeman robbing the shop and cashpoint.

Fuck off man, it's Pennywell.

I used to live there until I could make my own way in life, then fucked off as soon as I could!. That was 26 years ago like. Pennygreen Square was a canny rough bit. Niver have a problem on the rare occasions I gan back there, although just tend to gan in the Comrades.

Last edited:
Fuck off man, it's Pennywell.

I used to live there until I could make my own way in life, then fucked off as soon as I could!. That was 26 years ago like. Pennygreen Square was a canny rough bit. Niver have a problem on the rare occasions I gan back there, although just tend to gan in the Comrades.

It's right next to the Robin. Not sure id claim it wasn't Pennywell

Remember this anyone?

SUNDERLAND ECHO DISASTER APPEAL.

As you are probably aware a massive earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale struck Sunderland in the early hours. at the epicentre in Pennywell, victims were seen roaming around aimlessly muttering "whees keeys are theese?" The earthquake decimated the entire area causing about 30 quid worth of damage. Several priceless collections of ashtrays from the Balearics and Tenerife were damaged beyond repair and three historical areas of burnt out cars, some over seven years old were disturbed. many locals were awoken before their Giro arrived. The Sunderland Echo reported that hundreds of locals were confused, bewildered and still coming to terms with the loss of Ladbrokes.

One resident a Miss Sharon Smith, a 15 year old mother of six said," It was a shock to my little Chardonnay Mercedes, she came into my room crying and nearly put me and Winston off our stroke but my youngest two, Tyler Morgan and Brooklyn Romeo Rainbow slept through it all. I was still shaking whilst watching Jeremy Kyle the next day."
Apparently looting, mugging and car crime did carry on as normal and The Red Cross have so far delivered 4,000 crates of lager ito the area to help stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have recovered large amounts of belongings including Benefit Books, jewellery by Elizabeth Duke at Argos and finest boe china from Mad Harry's.

HOW CAN YOU HELP? This appeal is to raise money for food and clothes parcels for those caught up in the disaster.Clothing is urgently needed and amongst the most sought after items are:

Fila or Burberry Baseball Caps.

Kappa Tracksuit Tops (his and hers).

Adidas Trackie Bottoms 3/4 length.

White Socks.

Rockport Boots.

...and anything from the Donnay shop.

Food parcels must take into consideration local tates and should include Micro Meals, Pot Noodles, Baked Beanz, Super Noodles, Sausage Rolls and Greggs pasties for the babies. Special Brew or Thunderbird would also be gratefully accepted....remember every little helps!

So. .22p buys a biro to fill in a compensation form.
£2-00 buys chips and curry and blue Panda pop for a family of nine.
"5-00 buys 20 B&H and a box of Swan Vestas to calm the nerves of a grieving ten year old.

Please do not send tents for shelter as the sight of posh accommodation is unfair on the residents of Hendon and Southwick.

Hello, I am new to the forums and wondering if any of you fine ladies and gentlemen can help me? Me and my hubby and children want to move house. We are currently in Low Ford (though as close to high ford as you can get) and we want to move into a bigger house. Atm our house is too small for our needs, we went to view one up Pennycross road (opp pennycross square) which I fell in love with, however I'm a bit wary of moving up there as it has a bad reputation.
My question is, what is the area like? We are very quiet people, just want to go about our lives with no trouble. My main worry is whether my car would be safe, although its an old car, its my only mode of transport and need it for work and could not afford to replace it.
Also can anyone vouch for any other areas in Pennywell (the closer to Ford the better)? The reason we want Pennywell is the houses are so big compared to ours, and can't move too far due to needing to be close to an elderly relative.
Thanks and looking forward to taking part in more discussions on here :)

You have just announced to the entire criminal fraternity of pennywell, to look out for a new family moving in, who both work, so the house will be empty all day...:eek:,

they'll be like f***ing meercats now

I was brought up in Prestbury Road and lived there until I was 30, the ex and my daughter still do. Only twice in all that time did we have any problems with breaking into cars, which would be more or less the average rate for anywhere in a 25 year period, or probably even less. The middle has been knocked out now too, or modernised as in Plazy Square. Nothing wrong with Pennywell just a normal housing estate which was tarnished badly by the Sunderland Echo and its Matchbox City headline, which unfortunately stuck.
I went to Pennywell with one of the brothers in the early 1980's so he could get some smoke. I had lived in some rough holes and seen some very rough places but Pennywell was right up there as far as dodgy, rough places were concerned, bits of it were like Hamsterdam from The Wire !! I was left to guard the car for the five minutes it took and was relieved when we got out without incident. It sounds like it has changed a lot.
One of my best mates was from Pennywell and he wouldn't have anything good said about it.

You have just announced towentire criminal fraternity of pennywell, to look out for a new family moving in, who both work, so the house will be empty all day...:eek:,

they'll be like f***ing meercats now

Not really, as I think Ive decided not to take it. Besides someone is in the house most of the time (we've got a weird work set up) Such a shame the minority spoil it for the rest of us. They should stick them all on an island somewhere and let them fight amongst themselves.

I went to Pennywell with one of the brothers in the early 1980's so he could get some smoke. I had lived in some rough holes and seen some very rough places but Pennywell was right up there as far as dodgy, rough places were concerned, bits of it were like Hamsterdam from The Wire !! I was left to guard the car for the five minutes it took and was relieved when we got out without incident. It sounds like it has changed a lot.
One of my best mates was from Pennywell and he wouldn't have anything good said about it.

Ya big fanny.

I miss The Eagle like. Best boozer in Sunderland back in the day. Used to love awaydays with The Eagle Army.

I was brought up in Prestbury Road and lived there until I was 30, the ex and my daughter still do. Only twice in all that time did we have any problems with breaking into cars, which would be more or less the average rate for anywhere in a 25 year period, or probably even less. The middle has been knocked out now too, or modernised as in Plazy Square. Nothing wrong with Pennywell just a normal housing estate which was tarnished badly by the Sunderland Echo and its Matchbox City headline, which unfortunately stuck.

Sconze and Beefy's ex neighbour? Small world :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back