Does anyone actually enjoy their job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best way to be imo.
I mainly work alone (outdoors), and I like it that way.
The rest of our 'team' work in groups and the amount of backstabbing and stirring (amongst supposed mates) that goes on is terrible - what's the point?

Totally the best way to be imo.
The more that people 'know', the more they'll use.

Doesn’t work for me, because I’m an “enigma” they seem to have me down as some kind of Norman Bates character.

Leaving the house at 6.30am every morning and getting in at 6pm for last 10 years and probably for the next 40, makes me sick. But the job is alreet
I'll see you and raise you another 45 minutes on that. Worked out I'd be sitting on a bus for 4 years time wise by the time I retire. Jobs good though so can't complain, and I quite like it as it's time in me own. Just need to find some sort of online venture to monetize my commute.

I like my job I hate the politics of the place I hate the amount of work I do compared to others I hate the shift pattern I hate how others get favoured despite being wank at their job I hate how little cliques determine the general mood of the place.

Its not so much I enjoy the work I'm a self employed window cleaner, have my own business. Its boring at times working on your own but I just listen to podcasts. Work on average about 5 hours and come and go as I please. Its the flexability I love and being my own boss and the moneys decent. Not sure I could go back to working for someone now.

Has anyone said that if anyone enjoys their job then they need to refocus on their life and do something meaningful instead of wasting their life being underpaid and under appreciated? Work is shite full stop.
My job would be great if it wasn’t for the public.
Sadistic bastard

don't mind mine at all, pain in the arse at times but it pays well and comes with decent conditions. I'd also happily do it until I retire (12 ish years away). I suffer from the Peter principle where i'm very comfortable doing what I do but:

A: don't want to go for the next position/grade higher (director)
B: I would be shit at it anyway

Na got a shit job with shit shifts, only perks are its easy and got a decent death in service benefit.....literally the only reason i stop here is that my family will be taken care of.

Its not so much I enjoy the work I'm a self employed window cleaner, have my own business. Its boring at times working on your own but I just listen to podcasts. Work on average about 5 hours and come and go as I please. Its the flexability I love and being my own boss and the moneys decent. Not sure I could go back to working for someone now.

Aye, and nosing through peoples' windows. ;)

Whereabouts are you working now Nookie? Didn't I read a post you made on here that you were starting a new job in London? Or was that just the interview?

Not London , I’ve transferred over to the other side and joined the civil service - massive culture change and very challenging so I’m buzzing

Not at the moment. We're trying to implement ISO9001 which will be good but immediate superior is coasting towards retirement and is not behind the process which is undermining what I've been tasked to do.

I do like...I get paid for fuck all...Just do about 10 hours worth of graft in a single week....

Career wise it's shit like...

Lucky you, aswell as a cheesmaker, im also teamleader, last 2 weeks have been hell, we employ agency staff, last 3 days, 6 different agency staff have just left after 2 hours 😡.. Leaving me very short!

Bet you’ve seen some mad stuff. :lol:

Hot and cold. Think I might enjoy it in the future but I’ll give it max of a year to get better considering how mentally draining it is. Also the money is hopeless.
Love it, but rather not be there.
Shift work which I love, but working weekends often is a shitter, as is nights and early early mornings.
However I then love finishing early and having days off midweek
Something in public service?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back