Does anyone actually enjoy their job

I love my job and f***ing hate it. The last shit job I had was to recover someone cut in half in a horrible crash, his foot came off in my hand when we were getting his body out of the wreck.

On the plus side we get to play xbox when no one is suffering or dying/deadđź‘Ť

Yup. There are days when it's nonstop hectic and crazy that just really bring out the best in me. I also have some moments of quiet lull that help me recharge my batteries. So yeah, I get best of both worlds.

Coming up to my two and a half year mark in my current company. Which is usually the point in which everything and everyone around me starts to get on my nerves. But having gone from contractor to perm in the last 6 months. Things are ok for the time being...politics is creeping in, which I was clear of being a contractor.

Someone once described another colleague as “playing the game well”, this seems to be true in many offices I have worked in. To be honest the age I am now, I’m really not arsed, I turn up, do my job well and go home. If anyone wants to play the game well or like a tit, I’m not bothered.

If I had the money I would never work a single day again.

Been lucky that my job has taken me to some places I probably would never have visited.
Met some great people... earned some ( not a fortune ) cash.
So i suppose i do like my job
There is a difference between the overall job and the actual working tasks though.

E.g. I may travel the world with fit women but the work may be to manicure Peter Beardsley’s nut sack.

As I consider my own job yet again, it has excellent benefits and I don’t mind the work I do. But I still rate it at roughly 7/10 as some people and the environment really annoy me on a regular basis.

There is a difference between the overall job and the actual working tasks though.

E.g. I may travel the world with fit women but the work may be to manicure Peter Beardsley’s nut sack.

As I consider my own job yet again, it has excellent benefits and I don’t mind the work I do. But I still rate it at roughly 7/10 as some people and the environment really annoy me on a regular basis.

My actual job is a draughtsman.. might sound sad... but i do enjoy it.
Started at Swan Hunters (Wallsend)
When it went tits up i was forced out into the real world.
Stayed in shipbuilding for a while.
Then got into oil & gas
Been in that field ever since

I love my role and what I do, but half of management are shit and when I go to help in other teams it seems half the staff are more concerned with being friends and catching up socially then actually doing their job.

Then got into oil & gas
My first job in 1991 was working in an office with a draughtsman, pre-CAD when it was still on paper.

It was a fabrication and engineering business and a lot of work was for the oil and gas industry, Norsk Hydro had a lot of pipework, manifolds, pig launchers etc. made. Paralloy were a customer from Tees-side.

Then got into oil & gas

Had 2 year as a draughtsman then moved onto other things but about 10% of my week is cad now and I do find it weirdly enjoyable.

My father in law had exactly same path as you, initials SK, bet you know him.

Used to enjoy it, but after 3 years of the same stagnant role with slim chance of progression it’s becoming tedious and much more of a chore.

At 25 it seems the sky’s my limit but unsure of my next step.

I f@@king hate mine.

Hate going to bed on a Sunday knowing the next time I wake up I'm going to have to go into the office and spend 95% of the next week dealing with corporate w@nkers and bully boys who question everything about the job we're doing because it doesn't fit the timeline or budget they've quoted to a client without first consulting the people who actually do the work.

Unfortunately, I have no transferable skills - everything I know has been learnt on the job I do, and is mainly pertinent to the organisation/contract I work on.

Been there nigh on 35 years and can honestly say I've never felt this bad about my work.

I used to love my job for last few years till I started to not work from home and then work with the boss in the office, I absolutely witnessed nothing as disgusting as what I witnessed in a workplace. So I walked out and now starting my own business that is better than his (just not as well known as his yet) :)

I used to love my job for last few years till I started to not work from home and then work with the boss in the office, I absolutely witnessed nothing as disgusting as what I witnessed in a workplace. So I walked out and now starting my own business that is better than his (just not as well known as his yet) :)
You still wanking dogs erm I mean walking dogs?

Back